• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CricketWeb Tennis - Season I

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
Clowich Masters
Tuesday - Clowich Masters - Clowich (CWLand)

Men's Singles (Seeds - Finals - Section 1 - Section 2 - Section 3 - Section 4)
Men's Doubles (Finals - Top Half - Bottom Half)

• World No. 6 Sven Oxenstierna has started his Clowich assault off perfectly by easing to a straight sets win over Pörtschach champion Toby Brookes in the second round of the Clowich Masters. Oxenstierna was unceremoniously dumped in the third round last week in Montréal, but managed to find form without getting out of first gear in a dominant display on centre court. Despite having two match points saved on service in the second set, Oxenstierna comfortably closed out the match 6-3, 6-3.
  • Thirteenth seed Jefferson Drake also started his week brilliantly with a straight sets thumping of Morocco's Ross Onwye. After missing the Montréal Masters with a knee injury, Onwye was comfortably outclassed by Drake who seemed to thrive in front of his home crowd. Drake broke service on five occasions in his dominant display to race to a 6-4, 6-2 win and a second round clash with Sergio Joaquin of Spain.
  • Martti Korpinen has edged closer to a spot in the world's top hundred by repaying the CW Open organisers' faith in him by hitting form in a three-set win over Yves Parmentier. Fresh off taking the doubles title in Montréal, Korpinen looked full of confidence against the highly rated Belgian youngster as he charged through the first set 6-1. But Parmentier, who won past Ninteh Doh in qualification, seemed to find his form from the weekend in the second set as he broke service early and went on to level the match at a set each. But in a tight third set, Korpinen claimed a late break of the youngster's service to pick up a surprise 6-1, 2-6, 7-5 victory and a date with fourteenth seed Henry Charles in the second round.
  • Elsewhere, Canada's Davis Kennedy survived a horrible scare against Belgium's Mark Harmel to escape with a 4-6, 7-6(3), 7-6(5) victory despite having handed Harmel three match points. Morgan Carter was not so lucky as the eleventh seed was upset by Portugal's Tiago Matias to crash to a 2-6, 6-2, 4-6 loss at the hands of the world No. 20. After last week making the semifinals of Montréal on the back of some massive upsets, Italy's Antonio Bachunelli was back to struggling on hard courts as he was stunned in straight sets by China's Li Wang. Li pushed world No. 2 Daniel Páez Blanco to three sets last week, and confidently disposed of the world No. 32 6-3, 6-1.

• Seeded players out: Dwayne Murdoch.
  • Wildcards Randy Banks and Roy Daniels have surprisingly advanced to the second round of the doubles draw after beating Juan Moreno and Johan Ortiz in straight sets on Court 4. Looking better for the match practice he picked up in his loss to Miroslav Brdar yesterday, Daniels played solid tennis as he served well enough to rob his opponents of any break points on his services. Whilst the inexperienced Banks looked overawed by his opponents at times (two players who have been as high as the top 30 throughout their career), he managed to hold his own as the local pair picked up a 6-2, 6-4 win.
  • Elsewhere, János and Zoltán Varga again fell to a surprise first round defeat at Masters level; this time to Christian Mary and Mikel Fosdike 2-6, 7-6(5), 10-7. Montréal finalists Andrej Konc and Evgeniy Maximov set up a blockbuster second round clash with Hugh James and Ralph Robinson after crushing Hau Li-an and Zhijun Sun 6-2, 6-1.

• Seeded players out: None.
San Marino Cepu Open
1st Round - San Marino (Republic of San Marino)

Men's Singles (Finals - Top Half - Bottom Half)
Men's Doubles (Doubles)

• Sixth seed Jarkko Maxum has walked away with an unconvincing first round win in San Marino to extend his Challenger streak to six wins. The Samarkand Challenger winner played a poor second set against Jason Schmidt, but managed to recover to produce a 6-4, 2-6, 6-4 win. He now faces a very difficult second round clash against Umag semifinalist Adem Tadić who has a career victory over world No. 15 Carlo Amato.
  • Suryakant Singh continues to groom himself for his first tournament at ATP level in quite some time after stunning Peruvian José Navarro in three sets. Singh has been in brilliant form since returning to the circuit, and managed to come from a set down against the world No. 82 to produce a shock 3-6, 6-3, 6-4 win.
  • His opponent in the second round will be Marco Pellegrini who picked up a tight victory over Scotland Rivers. Looking uncomfortable on the clay surface, Rivers struggled to get any momentum against the Italian veteran as he slumped to a 5-7, 4-6 defeat.

• Seeded players out: José Navarro.

Wednesday Schedule

ripper868

International Coach
Hmm, SBI, how many more challengers has Maxum entered in before the open, may be looking to push myself more on atp level events instead of the challengers, didn't expect my ranking to get this high when i filled out the tournament schedule thing...i must be the only top 100 player without 100 gorillas to my name.

Maxum and Rivers to dominate the doubles at this tournamnet though.

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
Hmm, SBI, how many more challengers has Maxum entered in before the open, may be looking to push myself more on atp level events instead of the challengers, didn't expect my ranking to get this high when i filled out the tournament schedule thing...i must be the only top 100 player without 100 gorillas to my name.

Maxum and Rivers to dominate the doubles at this tournamnet though.
San Marino is your last tournament before the CW Open. Next week is just Pickford and Karshi.

David

International 12th Man
Shocked to have won a singles match. Extremely happy with the result, hoping I can push on now and cause an upset.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Maxum I thought you were teaming up with Bowenburg at the CW Open?

No worries though - SBI you can I team up with?

ripper868

International Coach
Maxum I thought you were teaming up with Bowenburg at the CW Open?

No worries though - SBI you can I team up with?
Yeah pretty sure I'm with you for the Open, I think SBI has just put me with Rivers for the lesser tournaments.

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
Nah, I'll generally just whack people together in Challengers in case (like Rivers did) they fall early. The points only count to individual rankings, anyway, and not the Race.

Bowenburg-Maxum is pencilled in for Nixonstown (provided you don't get injured, of course).

ripper868

International Coach
Indeed, dont think i should but (get injured that is), remembered scheduling a couple of rests in there to avoid injury.

Just so we are clear...Pickford is a challenger where Maxum will be with Rivers, Nixonstown is the CW Open where Maxum will be with "The Lob". Correct? :)

We'd be nearing the end of those schedules we filled out as well wouldn't we?

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
Not quite.

Maxum isn't playing Pickford which is an ATP level tournament. But will team with Bowenburg at the CW Open.

And yeah, I'll have the new schedules up sometime during the CW Open.

ripper868

International Coach
Ahh sweet, i read your "and playing pickford next week" post as me and rivers playing doubles, but you meant rivers is playing the singles and i'm resting. Sweet...my brain not functioning good today.