• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricketing clangers.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
There was that memorable 2009 post that Furball keeps on digging that was like 90% **** calls from me, lol.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
In terms of judging up and coming talent I thought John Crawley was going to be a right-handed version of David Gower. In terms of off the cuff in match punditry "England have zero chance" just ahead of the 4th innings at Headingley in 2019.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
He played quite a bit of LO stuff before he played tests didn’t he?
He played a lot of FC till about 2016 but once he debuted and became regular for India in white ball stuff, he hardly ever played FC. Which made his 2018 debut all the more stunning. He debuted after having not played FC for more than a year. That was part of Ravi Shastri's planning too. They worked on him on those white ball tours to ensure he was physically ready to play tests, even though he had not played that format for a while.

cnerd123

likes this
No one has mentioned this, but did anyone expect Jimmy Anderson and Stuart Broad to have such long careers and so many wickets?
Anderson is more astonishing giving the environment he made his debut in, but Broad's makes sense, mainly because he's had Anderson to look up to for so long.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
i led the charge against failed test opener bj watling becoming nzs keeper and was convinced for years matt henry was tim southee mk 2 and wanted neil wagner to just get out of the way already.

similarly, i was spewing when tom blundell was asked to open in melbourne.
I saw Matt Henry bowl in one of his first List A games to Tim McIntosh, who wasn't far out of the NZ side. He put the serious ****s up him on a flat one at Colin Maiden and I thought hell, this guy is going to be a gun. Then when he debuted for NZ, I only felt it more strongly. Oh well. We'll always have the World Cup semi-final.

But undoubtedly I am best known as the poster who said Neil Wagner was a lacquer-wrecking one-trick pony who annoyed team mates by never landing the ball on the seam, could bounce out feeble first class players but was going to be cannon fodder at Test level, and could only be picked as a second change bowler in the sub-continent capable of reversing it.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
But undoubtedly I am best known as the poster who said Neil Wagner was a lacquer-wrecking one-trick pony who annoyed team mates by never landing the ball on the seam, could bounce out feeble first class players but was going to be cannon fodder at Test level, and could only be picked as a second change bowler in the sub-continent capable of reversing it.
The Journey of every NZ CW Wagner fan

Step 1: Oh my god, look at his first class stats! And if he's South African he must be fast! We're going to have our own Dale Steyn!

Step 2: Wait a minute, how come he's getting taken apart by 38 year old Matthew Sinclair? Waddya mean there are two divisions of FC cricket in South Africa?!

Step 3: Ugh, just another domestic no-hoper, looking to use NZ as a backdoor to a short test career. WAC.

Step 4: Wtf? I just went to take a dump and Wellington have lost 5 wickets!

Step 5: OK, maybe there's something there afterall. Deserves a callup for a couple of tests at least.

Step 6: Noooope, my god what a nothing bowler, and wtf is up with that seam presentation?

Step 7: Aaaaaarrrgghh, why can't this useless shunt stop taking wickets so we can get guaranteed ATG Matt Henry into the side!

Step 8: He. Just. Doesn't. Stop. And the weird bit is...I'm starting to like it...

Step 9: Haha Wags, you have fun bouncing those little Sri Lankans, there's no way this is going to work against any of the major sides.

Step 10: My god, I think I love this man.

Step 11: I could not love a human baby more than I love Wagner.