• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket Web Forum Outage - Tomorrow!

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Cheers.

Also, on the old version there was a link on the top left of the page, you know CW - forums - other - site discussion.

Is that no more on this new version?

the big bambino

International Captain
Used to be able to just go in under a feature (forget what it was called) and it brought up threads that I had commented on. Found that to be good. Isn't there now. How come?

James

Cricket Web Owner
Used to be able to just go in under a feature (forget what it was called) and it brought up threads that I had commented on. Found that to be good. Isn't there now. How come?
Hmm..... not sure what you're referring to here. I imagine it still exists but you get to it a different way. I'll see if I can find out.

the big bambino

International Captain
Hmm..... not sure what you're referring to here. I imagine it still exists but you get to it a different way. I'll see if I can find out.
It is annoying I can't recall the feature's name. I just instinctively clicked on it and there were the threads I'd commented on and which had received news posts.

I think it had something to do with subscribed threads. It seems every thread I commented on was automatically subscribed. Whenever they received new posts they would get listed under the particular feature whose name I can't recall.

James

Cricket Web Owner
It is annoying I can't recall the feature's name. I just instinctively clicked on it and there were the threads I'd commented on and which had received news posts.

I think it had something to do with subscribed threads. It seems every thread I commented on was automatically subscribed. Whenever they received new posts they would get listed under the particular feature whose name I can't recall.
It isn't New Posts you're referring to is it?

the big bambino

International Captain
Ok. I've posted about it on the official vbulletin forums, so hopefully someone will have an idea.
Thanks. I've had a bit of a squiz and just seen a feature under "Quick Links". It shows "Subscribed threads" That is similar to what I'm on about. It brings up all my subscribed threads (whereas the old one only picked up the subscribed threads that received new posts).

Its not exactly the same but close enough to what I'm after.

It begs this question though: Will any thread I comment on become an automatic subscription?

Or will I have to actively subscribe to a thread?

James

Cricket Web Owner
Thanks. I've had a bit of a squiz and just seen a feature under "Quick Links". It shows "Subscribed threads" That is similar to what I'm on about. It brings up all my subscribed threads (whereas the old one only picked up the subscribed threads that received new posts).

Its not exactly the same but close enough to what I'm after.

It begs this question though: Will any thread I comment on become an automatic subscription?

Or will I have to actively subscribe to a thread?
You can control your subscription through clicking "Settings" up the top right and then clicking "General Settings" under "My Settings". Within there, there is a Default Subscription Mode you can control.

http://s14.postimg.org/kkqm7ijkx/settings.png

Is that what you're after?

the big bambino

International Captain
Ok Ok. Just found it under "Settings". It has migrated from top left to top right of the forum. If this thread receives a new post and it appears under "Settings" then that will answer the 2nd question in my previous post here.

Cheers.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
You're talking about the old User CP. I have it bookmarked and it still actually works but it's just not linked anywhere on the main page:
http://www.cricketweb.net/forum/usercp.php

You can view all your subscriptions (very similar process) by hovering your mouse over "Quick Links" (to the right of New Posts) and clicking "Subscribed Threads", though.

EDIT: I see this has been sorted out now. :p

James

Cricket Web Owner
You're talking about the old User CP. I have it bookmarked and it still actually works but it's just not linked anywhere on the main page:
http://www.cricketweb.net/forum/usercp.php

You can view all your subscriptions (very similar process) by hovering your mouse over "Quick Links" (to the right of New Posts) and clicking "Subscribed Threads", though.

EDIT: I see this has been sorted out now. :p
Thanks for turning up eventually Rob :p :)