• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket Web Forum Outage - Tomorrow!

James

Cricket Web Owner
EDIT: Also, the report posts icon seems to have drifted away from the post and is languishing in mid air between posts.
That's just the way it works really. We can look at modifying the template though if this bothers a lot of people?

James

Cricket Web Owner
Its just taken 30 minutes to do the next 200,000 and we have 1 million to go. It will be quite a bit longer before we can switch on New Posts and Searching unfortunately :mellow:

James

Cricket Web Owner
I'd be interested to hear what people think about the new forum, so please offer up some feedback.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
I'd be interested to hear what people think about the new forum, so please offer up some feedback.
Like the look of it so far, nice, crisp and more modern looking. Haven't played with any of the features yet.

jan

State Vice-Captain
New design too white-ish to my eyes but will get used to it in a week :)
Loads way faster in Opera 12, great!
Location in my avatar looks strangely formatted?

Forum skins in this version of vbulletin?

Last edited:

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Looks better and cleaner. Only thing which is irritating is the placement of the ads in among the buttons above the forums, but I guess that has to be that way.

I'd willingly pay to subscribe to CW if that was an option, if it removed all ads.

James

Cricket Web Owner
Dont like the new design (too white-ish to my eyes) but will get used to it in a week.
Loads way faster in Opera 12, great!

Forum skins in this version of vbulletin?
Gosh, if it's loading fast now, just wait until the search re-building is complete. I'm getting hit like crazy with alerts about high load on the server at the moment.

More than happy to change the white to another colour, perhaps the grey if that makes it less harsh on the eyes. Hopefully some others will drop by with their thoughts.

Any particular reason for wanting more skins? There's this one and a mobile one which I thought would serve the needs of everyone ok?

James

Cricket Web Owner
Looks better and cleaner. Only thing which is irritating is the placement of the ads in among the buttons above the forums, but I guess that has to be that way.

I'd willingly pay to subscribe to CW if that was an option, if it removed all ads.
Not sure how we could get around that actually apart from adding a couple of extra returns which in turn would push everything down. Are others have this problem also?

That's a good idea, could perhaps include options along with that in terms of bigger avatar sizes and other things like that.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Gosh, if it's loading fast now, just wait until the search re-building is complete. I'm getting hit like crazy with alerts about high load on the server at the moment.

More than happy to change the white to another colour, perhaps the grey if that makes it less harsh on the eyes. Hopefully some others will drop by with their thoughts.

Any particular reason for wanting more skins? There's this one and a mobile one which I thought would serve the needs of everyone ok?

I think having more skins juz makes it easier for people to store it to their own preference. I have a problem with the white background as well, it seems a lot heavier on the eye than it was previously..

But I think this upgrade will help us read CW on our mobiles a lot better and the other options around posting tables, bullets etc seem prettyslick.. Nice job, James and team.. :)

James

Cricket Web Owner
The search re-building has completed and the search facility is now available. :)

The speed of the forum should certainly pick up now.

Last edited:

James

Cricket Web Owner
I think having more skins juz makes it easier for people to store it to their own preference. I have a problem with the white background as well, it seems a lot heavier on the eye than it was previously..

But I think this upgrade will help us read CW on our mobiles a lot better and the other options around posting tables, bullets etc seem prettyslick.. Nice job, James and team.. :)
I'll change the white to the grey then, and see how that looks for everyone. Will do that in a few hours. :)

Thanks for your thoughts.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!

Awesome, just a couple of other observations..

1. The forum navigation link sorta blends in with the ads right now and I am totally unable to spot it immediately while scrolling. Earlier it had a distinct font set and feel and we can follow them easily.. Right now, the top frame seems set to the CW template but the forum seems to be completely on the vBulletin template.. If there is a way that the navigation links can be highlighted at the top of the page, that will be awesome.

2. When I do a reply with quote, the cursor is still positioned at the top of the reply button text area where the quoted text comes up.. It will be nice if the cursor can be positioned right at the end of the *[/QUOTE] tag..

I'll change the white to the grey then, and see how that looks for everyone. Will do that in a few hours. :)

Thanks for your thoughts.

James

Cricket Web Owner
1. The forum navigation link sorta blends in with the ads right now and I am totally unable to spot it immediately while scrolling. Earlier it had a distinct font set and feel and we can follow them easily.. Right now, the top frame seems set to the CW template but the forum seems to be completely on the vBulletin template.. If there is a way that the navigation links can be highlighted at the top of the page, that will be awesome.
Just to confirm, are you referring to these? If that's the case I'm not sure there's much else we can do really unless anyone has any suggestions.

2. When I do a reply with quote, the cursor is still positioned at the top of the reply button text area where the quoted text comes up.. It will be nice if the cursor can be positioned right at the end of the */QUOTE tag..
I'll see if I can find out for you.

Last edited:

Flem274*

123/5
Not a fan of how everything looks like a windows alert box, but I'll deal with it.

Haven't had a chance to try all the new features, but the forum feels fast and the autosave is a good idea.

James

Cricket Web Owner
I've just changed the body of posts to grey as has been suggested. Thoughts? Is it better/worse?