• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket Web Content - Feedback

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Climbing mountains, making sacrifices and playing for India

I am starting this thread for those who write articles for CW to ask for feedback from the CC visitors. I am sure James and his team are working on a more appropriate way of achieving the same but till then this will have to do.

I am starting with posting my last one, up today.

Climbing mountains, making sacrifices and playing for India is the original title of the article. So dont go looking for it by this title :) .

It is put up as. Playing for India-Sourav Ganguly

Feedback welcome.

I will be grateful if in the feedback we use moderate language please. Not because it cant be ignored all together if it is not but because it would be good to have the writers responding to the fedback if they wish and that is much more healthy (for want of a better word) if they are responding to feedback, even if negative, which refrains from unnecessarily aggresive language :)

swaranjeet@hotmail.com

Last edited:

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Great Article and I do agree with the way media has been reporting Gang's 10,000 runs has been really pathetic. You have got some facts wrong about Gangs though. Gangs did give up his spot to Sehwag during the India/Eng ODI series in India but went back to his opening position in the next tour of WI and Natwest Series and ICC KO trophy in England.

One startling fact is that except one game (in NW series in Eng)India ended up winning every match Gangs opened with Sehwag. Even Sachin was fairly successful in WI & NW series. It was only in ICC KO trophy where Sachin failed in couple of games (India won though). But Indian media was not satisfied with India's win, more than the win they wanted Sachin to Score so that they can continue with their hero worship.

It's worth mentioning that when Gangs Opened the innings with Sehwag, not Only India won almost all the games, but Sachin was scoring @ 53.7 runs per inning.

archie mac

International Coach
James said:
Well written, surprised that McGrath has never won the award before (not sure how long it has been going?)
I never thought of Ambrose as anything other then fast? I would have thought him much quicker then ooh arh. What criteria do players need to meet to win this award? Is it voted on? Can a player win two months in a row?

archie mac

International Coach
SJS said:
Preview: New Zealand in Zimbabwe - Andrew Marmont

Here's another posted during this last week.
Went through the main players and some of the new faces, was interesting. Would have liked to know how many games and maybe some predictions. Also any milestones coming up for players. Where a win would place either side in the W/Rs, a little more about the political situation would have been of interest as well.

James

Cricket Web Owner
archie mac said:
Well written, surprised that McGrath has never won the award before (not sure how long it has been going?)
I never thought of Ambrose as anything other then fast? I would have thought him much quicker then ooh arh. What criteria do players need to meet to win this award? Is it voted on? Can a player win two months in a row?
Only for 2005 actually, these are the winners thus far:

January = Matthew Hoggard
February = Kevin Pietersen
March = Younis Khan
April = Brian Lara
May = Boeta Dippenaar
June = Mohammad Ashraful
July = Glenn McGrath

No it isn't voted on, comes down to what the writer thinks although personally I have't disagreed with one.

Yes a player can win again and again.

All articles can be read in the archive here - http://www.cricketweb.net/archive.php?CategoryIDAuto=4&CategoryName=Player of the Month

AndrewM

U19 12th Man
archie mac said:
Went through the main players and some of the new faces, was interesting. Would have liked to know how many games and maybe some predictions. Also any milestones coming up for players. Where a win would place either side in the W/Rs, a little more about the political situation would have been of interest as well.
To be honest, just as i was about to submit it, i was informed that the team had been named. Thus all my predictions/ assumptions were scrapped! It sort of wrecked my sense of opinion.. but thanks for the feedback.

I think the political situation has been done to death, and i'm sure people would rather just see the cricket side of the tour. Just my opinion though. Cheers mate.

archie mac

International Coach
AndrewM said:
To be honest, just as i was about to submit it, i was informed that the team had been named. Thus all my predictions/ assumptions were scrapped! It sort of wrecked my sense of opinion.. but thanks for the feedback.

I think the political situation has been done to death, and i'm sure people would rather just see the cricket side of the tour. Just my opinion though. Cheers mate.
I have mosty steered clear of the debate, but yes you are right most people would prefer just the Cricket. (well on this site anyway)
:)

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Match Report

Neil Pickup on England's amazing near loss !!

Extract :
Uncertainty, delight, frustration, disbelief, incredulity, shock, amusement, relief, concern, positivity, wonder, despair, hope, expectation, awe, respect, intensity, reflection, edge, fear, amazement, petrification, horror, despair, ecstasy.

A chronology of an English supporter's emotion throughout the three-and-a-half days of the Second Ashes Test at Edgbaston. More than enough emotion for an entire series, let alone a single match......

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
SJS said:
Match Report

Neil Pickup on England's amazing near loss !!

Extract :
Uncertainty, delight, frustration, disbelief, incredulity, shock, amusement, relief, concern, positivity, wonder, despair, hope, expectation, awe, respect, intensity, reflection, edge, fear, amazement, petrification, horror, despair, ecstasy.

A chronology of an English supporter's emotion throughout the three-and-a-half days of the Second Ashes Test at Edgbaston. More than enough emotion for an entire series, let alone a single match......
exceptional report, mr pickup...!!! :notworthy

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Good idea for a thread. Wonder if people would mind having a look at my report of day two of NZ v Zimbabwe? (here)

It's my first report and I'd like to know if I'm on the right track. Thanks! :)

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
_Ed_ said:
Good idea for a thread. Wonder if people would mind having a look at my report of day two of NZ v Zimbabwe? (here)

It's my first report and I'd like to know if I'm on the right track. Thanks! :)
Very good, Ed. Nice easy flow, and chronological run-down of the match. The only criticism of sorts is that it lacks a punchy intro.

AndrewM

U19 12th Man
Voltman said:
Very good, Ed. Nice easy flow, and chronological run-down of the match. The only criticism of sorts is that it lacks a punchy intro.
How was mine Matt? (day 1) Was going to foward it to you.

Ed, it was a great start. Everything Matt said was on the button. :)