• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket & Terrorism

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
FRAZ said:
Prove when Pakistanis set fires in the stand .. Prove it otherwise get the heck outta any race based thread .. I said it previously and again .. Clown !!!!!!!!
Fire up, son.

FRAZ

International Captain
Matteh said:
Think we should extinguish Fraz
Matteh please mate . Indirectly you are conveying an annoying msg to the vitoites .Did you even get the essence of Aussiedominance's post? I stand by the post that I directed towards him ... Because I guess I want a proof and I want him to show when did the Pakistani crowd (in Pakistan) flamed the chairs ...He does not want to explain it then ok you do .. Rather than quoting ausiedominion , people are just counter-questioning me ?? How pathetic it can get man ......

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
FRAZ said:
I want a proof and I want him to show when did the Pakistani crowd (in Pakistan) flamed the chairs ...
Would you accept breaking (instead of flaming) the chairs ?

Tomm NCCC

International 12th Man
Cricket and terrorism... I hear dean jones has a few things to say about it.... actually, Ill justs top there

One of the most dangerous incidents to happen at a cricket ground was India Vs England, 2001 I think, Someone tried to shoot andrew flintoff and it missed.. All be it a BB Gun, but its still a dangerous weapon

Back to this terrorism thing, I think that the threat is rising, and whats needed is more rigorous safety checks at grounds or keep the locations of the cricketers highly classified., but one thing you cant do in this subject, is guarentee player safety. South Africa have every right to ditch this triangular series because of the unpredictability of terrorists

I mean, if you were at an airport and heard that a plane had been "Blown up", you wouldnt exactly jump on the next one.

ramu

Cricket Spectator
James said:
With the increase of terrorism the past few years and the scares in Sri Lanka involving South Africa/India and in Pakistan involving New Zealand, do the ICC need to introduce some firm guidelines as to the safety of players when touring?

If we look at the extremes, could any of these actually happen:

* Matches being played in empty grounds for safety reasons.
* Foreign players not allowed out in public without heavy security around them.
* No contact between fans and players (autograph hunters, etc)

Is the game we all love set for a big down turn due to the global threat of terrorism we have today?

i agree :ph34r:

viktor

State Vice-Captain
_TiGeR-ToWn_ said:
That is a seperate topic up for discussion. But it was an extreme case fueled by alcohol and an over agressive bouncer. Poor Hooksey. We are not out to control there lives, they are sportsman and celebraties, but we shouldnt limitt them to what anyother human being has the right to do. We need to protect them at the cricket ground/scene but outside of that it is there life and they can run it how ever they feel like.
True, but the blasts in the present case did not happen at the ground. They happened at a shopping mall.

_TiGeR-ToWn_

U19 Debutant
viktor said:
True, but the blasts in the present case did not happen at the ground. They happened at a shopping mall.
Yes they happened at the a shopping mall, but it wasnt directed at the cricketers travelling. It was just in the general area.

I was raising the point how we can protect the players while on the ground and travelling in the touring party. We cant seriously consider controlling their lives outside of cricket.

R_D

International Debutant
James said:
With the increase of terrorism the past few years and the scares in Sri Lanka involving South Africa/India and in Pakistan involving New Zealand, do the ICC need to introduce some firm guidelines as to the safety of players when touring?

If we look at the extremes, could any of these actually happen:

* Matches being played in empty grounds for safety reasons.
* Foreign players not allowed out in public without heavy security around them.
* No contact between fans and players (autograph hunters, etc)

Is the game we all love set for a big down turn due to the global threat of terrorism we have today?
Hopefully it won't come to that but with things as they are going. You can never tell but it may happen. It'll be shame if it comes to it thou.

viktor

State Vice-Captain
_TiGeR-ToWn_ said:
Yes they happened at the a shopping mall, but it wasnt directed at the cricketers travelling. It was just in the general area.

I was raising the point how we can protect the players while on the ground and travelling in the touring party. We cant seriously consider controlling their lives outside of cricket.

I understand that. My point however, is that, the cricketers aren't at much danger on the cricket field, certainly not from terrorists. Therefore,it would be wrong to cut-off player-fan interaction because of fears about terrorism.

k_sanga

Cricket Spectator
its very dangerous in sri lanka these days hundreds are dying each day(mostly terorrists)so i think it is agood idea to play in an empty ground

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
k_sanga said:
its very dangerous in sri lanka these days hundreds are dying each day(mostly terorrists)so i think it is agood idea to play in an empty ground
Thereby letting the terrorists win...