• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket stuff that doesn't deserve its own thread

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Just because the Nottingham Skips are being awarded the Hundred trophy....Moores and Patel are still wearing pads, even though they were out ages ago. Is this a superstition thing? Why do batters keep them on?
Probably they were hoping for a super over 5?

davado

School Boy/Girl Captain
who care about the hundred? dreadful ,garrish spectacle trying to masquerade as cricket

in other news i found the form of joshua Kann in the brisbane premier grade irresistable yesterday.
He's about to bat in the final.
Does anyone know any more about him?

davado

School Boy/Girl Captain
he got a golden duck
i still like him though, hope to see him in the big bash
genuine allrounder

ataraxia

International Coach
What is this Namibia Global T20 competition?

There are three teams: Namibia Dev, the DP World Lions (?), and the Lahore Qalandars (??). And it doesn't even seem to be considered senior cricket.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
What is this Namibia Global T20 competition?

There are three teams: Namibia Dev, the DP World Lions (?), and the Lahore Qalandars (??). And it doesn't even seem to be considered senior cricket.
I think it was a warm up for Namibia for World T20 qualification tournaments or something? One of the IPL teams was invited as well but withdrew, as I recall.

EDIT: Still think Smit, Frylinck or Trumpelmann wouldn't be a bad pick up for a New Zealand team. All better than Christi Viljoen.

karan_fromthestands

State Captain
Major lol at what seems like mostly Indians in the comments section encouraging it because it was against Pakistan
Yep, it's stupid. "Love and respect to Afghanistan brothers and sisters.. ", one of the comments on the video :laugh:

But it's not just because it's Pakistan. Indian and Afghanistan cricket fans have always respected each other. I guess Afghani players playing in the IPL and also training in India might be the reason(along with the diplomatic relations of the two nations, but I don't know much about that).

ataraxia

International Coach
Ma'ara Ave, Central Districts reserve keeper, has just played his first 5 T20Is in 5 days as the Cook Islands' captain in the T20 WC qualifier. His averages are 92 and 12. Cricinfo doesn't even know what he bowls!

In those five games, Ave scored in succession 28, 31, 50, 76*, and 92*. That must be a record.

TheJediBrah

Slater is prohibited from assaulting, threatening, stalking, harassing or intimidating the 53-year-old woman
I thought everyone was prohibited from assaulting women as like, a blanket rule

Burgey

Putting it as a term of an AVO means if you do assault the protected person, you don't just get charged with the assault, but with breaching the AVO. There is a presumption in favour of bail for an allegation of assault, but not for breaching an AVO.

Having an AVO against you is not a criminal offence, and people consent to them without admissions all the time. But breaching one IS a criminal offence, and if that breach involves anything remotely threatening and/ or an assault (as opposed to, say, randomly being in the same place as the protected person by accident at like a shopping centre or whatever), you generally won't get bail for breaching it and will be in gaol until the trial comes along.

The courts generally grant AVOs when they're sought and take breaches of them very, very seriously because no one wants to be the magistrate who doesn't, only to have some bloke go over and top his ex.

TheJediBrah

Putting it as a term of an AVO means if you do assault the protected person, you don't just get charged with the assault, but with breaching the AVO. There is a presumption in favour of bail for an allegation of assault, but not for breaching an AVO.

Having an AVO against you is not a criminal offence, and people consent to them without admissions all the time. But breaching one IS a criminal offence, and if that breach involves anything remotely threatening and/ or an assault (as opposed to, say, randomly being in the same place as the protected person by accident at like a shopping centre or whatever), you generally won't get bail for breaching it and will be in gaol until the trial comes along.

The courts generally grant AVOs when they're sought and take breaches of them very, very seriously because no one wants to be the magistrate who doesn't, only to have some bloke go over and top his ex.
Damn I thought for a second there I was allowed to go out assaulting anyone who didn't have an AVO against me
*people... and, yes, I thought so too.
Hey I know that women are people too

Burgey

It's not about that. The objective seriousness of breaching the Court's previous AVO is what puts you in the jug pending the trial, not the charge of assault itself.