• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket stuff that doesn't deserve its own thread

karan_fromthestands

State Captain
Whoever is handling ECB's YouTube channel is petty AF. I was watching the 3rd ODI highlights the other day and Pant scored 4/5 boundaries in an over, they didn't show that, but they showed the single he took on the last ball. They made Pant and Pandya's partnership look average by editing out the best bits. That partnership was the highlight of the whole game. Pathetic.

Last edited:

vicleggie

State Vice-Captain
By the way, do NOT search 'Michael Slater' on twitter.

It appears there is a same-gender adult entertainer who shares Mick's name, who posts his 'work' on twitter.

I was just confronted with an image of two men in a position that even Warnie wouldn't be familiar with.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Whoever is handling ECB's YouTube channel is petty AF. I was watching the 3rd ODI highlights the other day and Pant scored 4/5 boundaries in an over, they didn't show that, but they showed the single he took on the last ball. They made Pant and Pandya's partnership look average by editing out the best bits. That partnership was the highlight of the whole game. Pathetic.
This is a major, MAJOR issue with NZ's (Spark Sport) coverage of cricket. A poster on here reckons the highlights are built on an algorhythm, somehow. It's ****ing painful. It seems like all the cutbacks to the production of sport has included people who actually know how to build a highlights package, and either a robot is doing it or the work experience boy who doesn't know the game. So I don't think it's pettiness, it's cost-cutting.

karan_fromthestands

State Captain
This is a major, MAJOR issue with NZ's (Spark Sport) coverage of cricket. A poster on here reckons the highlights are built on an algorhythm, somehow. It's ****ing painful. It seems like all the cutbacks to the production of sport has included people who actually know how to build a highlights package, and either a robot is doing it or the work experience boy who doesn't know the game. So I don't think it's pettiness, it's cost-cutting.
Oh, this makes complete sense! Using algorithms is fine as long as there are proper quality checks, otherwise the results will always be hit or miss.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Absolutely. This poster reckons it works off crowd noise, which to be honest I'm a little suspicious of - although it's not his information, from a friend who works at the network.
Tbf, the ECB does dumb **** like how they posted the day 1 highlights of the India test with the caption "Root gets Pant" or something like that when Pant had scored 140+. They are petty for sure and I dont think its coz of some bots or algorithms.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I see on the back page of the Mail (thanks to the BBC's back pages section) that Gary Ballance might be considering switching allegiance to Zimbabwe.

They say the paperwork was sent in at the beginning of 2022, before the Yorkshire racism controversy.

Chubb

International Regular
I see on the back page of the Mail (thanks to the BBC's back pages section) that Gary Ballance might be considering switching allegiance to Zimbabwe.

They say the paperwork was sent in at the beginning of 2022, before the Yorkshire racism controversy.
Houghton - his uncle - asked him to come back. Given what's happened, it's not a bad option for him. His behavior was deplorable, but he would undoubtedly strengthen the Zim team in all formats.

If Houghton survives long enough it's likely more players will commit to Zim, particularly young white guys, because they trust him to represent their interests and he's a very good coach.

Last edited: