• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket stuff that doesn't deserve its own thread

Victor Ian

International Coach
stupid bloody score bars getting in the way of the action. They should piss that **** off while the ball is in play. great catch though.

Chubb

International Regular
I saw a full on punch up between two teams at Te Whiti Park once. I think it was a lower grade T20 game and someone threw a bat.

Also had a game abandoned this season because a player objected to his brother, who was drunk, being asked to leave our clubrooms. It was 35 degrees and he'd been sitting on the sidelines making his way through a 12 pack of Jim Beam. The brother kicked up the stumps, threatened to kill our captain and "put every one of youse in the ground", stormed off the pitch and wrecked the away changing room. The opposition had to physically hold him and his brother back from attacking us while they bundled him into a car. We refused to go back on the pitch. I was the only person who wanted to carry on because I was 40* and am a selfish jerk.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
I saw a full on punch up between two teams at Te Whiti Park once. I think it was a lower grade T20 game and someone threw a bat.

Also had a game abandoned this season because a player objected to his brother, who was drunk, being asked to leave our clubrooms. It was 35 degrees and he'd been sitting on the sidelines making his way through a 12 pack of Jim Beam. The brother kicked up the stumps, threatened to kill our captain and "put every one of youse in the ground", stormed off the pitch and wrecked the away changing room. The opposition had to physically hold him and his brother back from attacking us while they bundled him into a car. We refused to go back on the pitch. I was the only person who wanted to carry on because I was 40* and am a selfish jerk.
Still, some nice red ink for you!

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Apparently all 6 of the new SA domestic T20 league franchises have been bought by IPL teams. The Mini overseas leg of the IPL is now very real.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Actually managed to find the source for the speeds recorded in the 1975 Perth test:

Screen Shot 2022-07-20 at 7.56.22 pm.png

Interestingly, in the book that's from (The Art of Fast Bowling) Lillee also lists the knuckle ball amongst the options for a slower ball and says that Connolly used to bowl it, having learnt it playing baseball.

But this little tidbit-bit is also interesting:

Screen Shot 2022-07-20 at 8.29.56 pm.png

Can move either direction off the seam? Fingers apart? Knock me down with a feather, all that's old is new again. Not a single modern closed-fingered grip to found anywhere incidentally.

Last edited: