• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket stuff that doesn't deserve its own thread

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I'd have thought that Tamim might have been a good pick. They beat England after Mushy had palmed off the captaincy to him, so that's something.

cnerd123

likes this
Yea I'd have gone for Tamim too. Don't mind Shakib tho, its quite possible being captain will make him GAF again, and if it does it would be pretty awesome. Plus I trust him to be much better in pressure situations with regards to bowling changes/field placements than Mushy.

Also, who knows, maybe being free of the burdens of captaincy will help Mushy keep wickets better too.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Do people remember how bad of a captain Shakib was? Tactically he was one of the very worst I've ever seen. Maybe he's less dumb now after 6 more years of experience but I doubt it.

cnerd123

likes this
Do people remember how bad of a captain Shakib was? Tactically he was one of the very worst I've ever seen. Maybe he's less dumb now after 6 more years of experience but I doubt it.
I mean, he was just 22. How tactically sound do you expect him to be at that age.

He's probably gotten a lot better if the way he goes about his bowling now is any indication. And even if he's bad, he's probably not going to be as bad as Mushy.

OverratedSanity

I mean, he was just 22. How tactically sound do you expect him to be at that age.

He's probably gotten a lot better if the way he goes about his bowling now is any indication. And even if he's bad, he's probably not going to be as bad as Mushy.
He captained like he was 12, not 22.

Doesn't strike me as the best leader. The guy chickened out on their toughest test tour in years and then had the gall to blame the ODI losses on the test team.

cnerd123

likes this
You're too conditioned to captains who give a ****. Kohli, Smith, Root, all these autistic man boys who tattoo their country's flag on their sleeve and scream in the opponents faces and memorise the national anthems forward and backwards.

It's time for a new kind of leader. The kind of leader who doesn't care if its 260/3 for 26/3. The kind of leader who will happily bowl away at his end without a care in the world about who's bowling at the other. The kind of leader who checks his twitter feed while fielding at slip, but in between overs will inspire his 19 year old protege onto a match-winning performance. The kind of leader who can be caught with his hands down his pants in the by TV Broadcasters in front of millions of live viewers and still just not give a ****.

It's time for a new era. It's time for Shakib's era.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
You're too conditioned to captains who give a ****. Kohli, Smith, Root, all these autistic man boys who tattoo their country's flag on their sleeve and scream in the opponents faces and memorise the national anthems forward and backwards.

It's time for a new kind of leader. The kind of leader who doesn't care if its 260/3 for 26/3. The kind of leader who will happily bowl away at his end without a care in the world about who's bowling at the other. The kind of leader who checks his twitter feed while fielding at slip, but in between overs will inspire his 19 year old protege onto a match-winning performance. The kind of leader who can be caught with his hands down his pants in the by TV Broadcasters in front of millions of live viewers and still just not give a ****.

It's time for a new era. It's time for Shakib's era.
Did you have a good weekend *****? Still feeling a bit light-headed from... well whatever is your schtick?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets

Not sure his bowling selections at the moment suggest much of an improvement.

Burgey

First ever D/N Green Shield game tomorrow night at Bruce Purser Oval, Rouse Hill. Anyone on their way back from the beach or the shops in 41 degree heat who wants to pop in, come and say hello and be part of history.

Burgey

About to leave God’s Peninsula to head to Rouse Hill in 40 degree heat to watch Burgeinho play Green Shield. Things we bloody well do. No ****ing sea breeze out in that wasteland, I can assure you.