• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket stuff that doesn't deserve its own thread

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Its good for both CSK and Stokes. And if Stokes does get fully fit and is able to play as an allrounder, then CSK will still have dibs on him I think for 2025.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Is there a thread for 2024 IPL stuff? I'm just gonna post it here cause I can't find anything. RCB's managment confuse me so much.

They bought hasaranga for a ton of money when they had chahal, binned chahal, then used hasaranga exactly like chahal despite the fact he could bat well as a 5/6 high SR player. Now they've binned there entire overseas bowling lineup (including hasaranga) and harshal (makes sense given how he went last season) so they could buy Cameron Green off MI, who's only ever made runs batting top 3 in t20, with the explicit purpose of using him as a middle order bat???

It's so stupid I really can't describe it. Like, you already had hasaranga who made a ton of runs batting higher up in the LPL. Why get rid of him to pick cam green? Now you've got a kid who's never made runs in the middle order and has shown no signs of being a good t20 bowler, and you have to find an Indian spinner????

FYI, this is the same franchise who had Tim David, who MI are now paying over a million a year, on a cheap as hell contract 2 seasons ago, and yet they binned him off after 1 bad game where noene made runs. If you want a middle order pace bowling allrounder why not just buy Dan Sam's, who's a ton cheaper, has made runs in the middle order in the BBL and Blast over the past few years, and has actually taken t20 wickets. FFS you could have spent 60-70% of what you spent on green on hasaranga+Sam's and had enough money left over to buy a few decent Indian bowlers, or holder as a backup.

Aidan11

International Vice-Captain
England U19s were beaten by Bangladesh U19s in a 50 over match today but England were well on top hitting over 300 and Bangladesh 3 down for not many.

Socerer 01

International Captain
Is there a thread for 2024 IPL stuff? I'm just gonna post it here cause I can't find anything. RCB's managment confuse me so much.

They bought hasaranga for a ton of money when they had chahal, binned chahal, then used hasaranga exactly like chahal despite the fact he could bat well as a 5/6 high SR player. Now they've binned there entire overseas bowling lineup (including hasaranga) and harshal (makes sense given how he went last season) so they could buy Cameron Green off MI, who's only ever made runs batting top 3 in t20, with the explicit purpose of using him as a middle order bat???

It's so stupid I really can't describe it. Like, you already had hasaranga who made a ton of runs batting higher up in the LPL. Why get rid of him to pick cam green? Now you've got a kid who's never made runs in the middle order and has shown no signs of being a good t20 bowler, and you have to find an Indian spinner????

FYI, this is the same franchise who had Tim David, who MI are now paying over a million a year, on a cheap as hell contract 2 seasons ago, and yet they binned him off after 1 bad game where noene made runs. If you want a middle order pace bowling allrounder why not just buy Dan Sam's, who's a ton cheaper, has made runs in the middle order in the BBL and Blast over the past few years, and has actually taken t20 wickets. FFS you could have spent 60-70% of what you spent on green on hasaranga+Sam's and had enough money left over to buy a few decent Indian bowlers, or holder as a backup.
its why they are the team that gets the most memes on

Spark

Global Moderator

This is definitely not your regular interview with an Australian cricket captain given the topics that were canvassed. Despite his answer for one of the questions it really does make me think he does see Pocock as a mentor and thus his post-cricket future is as likely to be in politics as it is in cricket.

Victor Ian

International Coach
He's got a pair of crutches, ffs. You can hit way worse with them and with much further reach.

Anyways, I hope his rehab goes well.

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Real ****show going on right now on reddit regarding the airport/baggage situation of Pakistan players.

About 4-5 hours ago, a story was reported (by an Indian news source) that the Pakistani players was not welcomed at the airport in Australia and the pot chaps had to load their luggage onto trucks by themselves…

A thread was created about this on Reddit and the Indian posters were killing it, posting about double standards and such. That they roll out the red carpet and thing. Basically kicking the hospitality of the Aussies while they were sleeping at the wee hours of the morning.

Fast forward to now,

IMG_3520.jpeg

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Real ****show going on right now on reddit regarding the airport/baggage situation of Pakistan players.

About 4-5 hours ago, a story was reported (by an Indian news source) that the Pakistani players was not welcomed at the airport in Australia and the pot chaps had to load their luggage onto trucks by themselves…

A thread was created about this on Reddit and the Indian posters were killing it, posting about double standards and such. That they roll out the red carpet and thing. Basically kicking the hospitality of the Aussies while they were sleeping at the wee hours of the morning.
Racist Indian posters and news sources smh