• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket stuff that doesn't deserve its own thread

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Australia v Pakistan
Pakistan v TBC (likely to be Sri Lanka, but depends)
England v South Africa
TBC v TBC (likely to be Bangaldesh, but depends, and the other team will probably be from outside the top ten teams entirely)
South Africa v TBC (likely to be Bangladesh)
Afghanistan v India
And a semi final
not much really there. I would expect Sydney to get a few more big games. They must really be feeding it around to the likes of Adelaide, Brisbane, Perth, Canberra etc.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
not much really there. I would expect Sydney to get a few more big games. They must really be feeding it around to the likes of Adelaide, Brisbane, Perth, Canberra etc.
Canberra gets none but Geelong gets six games in the qualifying part at the start, which I found surprising.

TheJediBrah

Are there more games in Sydney that aren't at the SCG? Because honestly having nearly the same no. of games in Geelong as there are in Sydney would be very strange

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Are there more games in Sydney that aren't at the SCG? Because honestly having nearly the same no. of games in Geelong as there are in Sydney would be very strange
Nah that's it. All the Geelong games are games between minnows and themselves and Sri Lanka before the main part of the tournament starts though, so I guess it saves on costs to just have that entire qualifying group play every game in the one town.

But I'm surprised they didn't make that town Canberra instead.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Ah so that's what you mean by qualifying, I thought you meant the group stage. No that makes more sense.
They actually call it the first group stage in the fixtures list but the top eight teams automatically qualify for the second stage and don't have to play it.

But yeah I totally get why all those games are in the same place but I'm surprised Geelong was picked and not Canberra. Canberra got a Test ahead of Hobart recently. Are we in danger of Geelong getting a Test?

Burgey

Nah that's it. All the Geelong games are games between minnows and themselves and Sri Lanka before the main part of the tournament starts though, so I guess it saves on costs to just have that entire qualifying group play every game in the one town.

But I'm surprised they didn't make that town Canberra instead.
Fortunately we have readily available weather reports to confirm it never rains in Geelong in October :ph34r:

Spintolose

U19 Cricketer
Brad Haddin XII vs Graeme Hick XII ....a four day game? ?
Is that some kind of joke cricket? 2 days knock up followed by 2 days drinking?

SillyCowCorner1

Why does a Tamil Nadu Premier League gets ball-by-ball coverage? While the India A versus West Indies doesn't?

RE: Cricinfo's Crapiness

cnerd123

likes this
Why does a Tamil Nadu Premier League gets ball-by-ball coverage? While the India A versus West Indies doesn't?

RE: Cricinfo's Crapiness
Cricinfo will cover anything ball by ball if you work out an arrangement with them. You just need a scorer either at the ground, or with access to a video feed, to do the scoring. The scorer will also need the cricinfo scoring software and internet access.

Usually this ia arranged by the competition organisers themselves. Unless it is a major tournament, the organisers need to tell Cricinfo it's happening so that they can set up the fixtures and scoring capability on the website, and then the organiser has to arrange for someone to score. So if WI A Vs India A is not being scored on the site, it's most likely because WICB couldn't get it set up

We got our local HK club premier League scored live on Cricinfo in previous years, and rumours are we'll be doing that again this year (along with video stream). So yea it's not hard but the organisers have to do it