• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket stuff that doesn't deserve its own thread

Flem274*

123/5
would be keen to get his rationale for his bowling style tho. looks like he could send it down at a decent clip but is choosing to slow throw. modelling his part timers as mid-innings trolling?

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Rob Moody does a tweet video from a mid-80s Oz domestic one-dayer where Geoff Lawson cracks the sads about not getting a wicket... which has Geoff Lawson responding in a tweet by cracking the sads and even dishing out the 'how many Tests did you play' line!

https://twitter.com/robelinda2/status/1156367562180984832
Eh. Rob digging up a 25 yr old video and throwing in a few cheap shots with his initial comment a tad inflammatory. Lawson within his rights to remind him he's a nobody, as funny as the vid was there was no context for it

Edit - nvm I assumed rob moody must have been Tom moodys brother, some kind of domestic player who never made the jump to tests but knew Lawson personally.

Didn't know it was literally robelinda lol

Last edited:

aussie tragic

International Captain
I love the Mark Waugh comment :)

@juniorwaugh349
Replying to @robelinda2 @danbrettig

To be fair the crowd was there to watch the great KJ Hughes bat.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Eh. Rob digging up a 25 yr old video and throwing in a few cheap shots with his initial comment a tad inflammatory. Lawson within his rights to remind him he's a nobody, as funny as the vid was there was no context for it

Edit - nvm I assumed rob moody must have been Tom moodys brother, some kind of domestic player who never made the jump to tests but knew Lawson personally.

Didn't know it was literally robelinda lol
haha robelinda a tad inflammatory? surely not

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
would be keen to get his rationale for his bowling style tho. looks like he could send it down at a decent clip but is choosing to slow throw. modelling his part timers as mid-innings trolling?
One of the comments on that same thread said he was bowling with a broken leg...

TheJediBrah

I find this sort of thing very interesting. They're doing all they can to assure fairness, without "discriminating" against transgender people, but there is always going to be a physical advantage for someone born male and grown up as a male, regardless of their current testosterone levels. Which you can very easily claim is discriminating against those born naturally female.

TheJediBrah

Yeah I don't really care either way. If they want to play as a woman let them. I guarantee you there will be a bit of a **** storm if it ever happens though. Google Hannah Mouncey in Australian womens football