• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket Sim 2004

Andrew_14

School Boy/Girl Captain
To ask members opinions, what is the biggest file you would download for Cricket Sim 2004?

Example, you might only want to download a file smaller than 10mb or something like that.

Mr. P

International Vice-Captain
Well with dialup it takes me something along the lines of an hour or two for 10mb. So 15 would probably be my max...

Andrew_14

School Boy/Girl Captain
lol it wont be near a gig. the full version will be around about 20mb at this stage, the demo 12mb. for dial up users, ill arrange something if i can, mabey an the setup files archive in another 2 archives :D

Andrew_14

School Boy/Girl Captain
I think you'll all be happy to hear that Cricket Sim 2004 Demo is finished!!

How to download? In an attempt to help the Cricket Sim 2004 community grow, to download, you will have to register if you haven't, and post 25 posts. Once done, a banner at the top of the forum will give you the link to the demo version, which is 15mb, bigger than expected. This has to be done at http://www.cricketsim.uni.cc/

DO NOT SPAM, OR IT WILL NOT COUNT

System Requirements:

233MHz CPU (200MHz minimum)
24MB RAM
8MB Graphics Card
Sound Card (optional)
DirectX 7.0a or higher

The game is almost %100 bug free. If you find bugs with it, please tell me :)

imagine

School Boy/Girl Captain
wouldnt the community grow if u let people download it easily? you will probably deter people with this

Yousuf_Youhana

U19 12th Man
i wouldn't post 25 times to get a link to a game, soz m8 ..if u send the link and then you could have forums like, record's (top score etc. ) that way people would post more and would wait for updates on that forum...sorry but i aint posting 25 times for a link to a DEMO.

kears_falcon_9

International Debutant
Hey andrew, i have just visited your website. and it said it is closed due to some guys insulting u.

Will i recieve the demo??

i would like to keep in touch with u and help u with the game.

Andrew_14

School Boy/Girl Captain
The game has been cancelled. It will not be released publicly due to the crap that me and my friends were given after a scripting error, where they had to wait a couple of hours longer. We were insulted over MSN, and spammed by email. To thos innocent, you will be given the game. To those who did this, and accused us of "coning" people, you have ruined it for everybody. Most of all, you have crapped all over something we have spent months on.

EDIT: Saw your post Kears, yeh.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Shame :( Was really looking forward to this, you had a great idea - thanks for all your effort on getting it this far though :)

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
you should just ignore people like that, dont let them get to you. no matter what happens people will always critisise, even the best programmers in the world get heaps if their game isn't to some peoples liking, even if only 5% of people find something they dont like in something the programmers etc cop heaps for it.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Alternatively run it through here instead.

We're always happy to give you the hosting etc. necessary and your own forum which is very well policed.

It is a huge shame to just ditch it like that.

Mr. P

International Vice-Captain
Mate don't cancel it. Ignore all the selfish people who have done that to you. AFter putting in so much effort, you can't just leave it.

I reckon what marc suggested is a great idea. Host on CW. We're a great community and would be nothing but positive.:)