• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket Sim 2004

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
If you're planning on making a serious crack at this, I'd suggest you request a sub-forum of the Freeware section here on CricketWeb - with 2000+ members here already, there'll be a lot more to feed back :)

You could consider loading every single line in the database into an array in the main program on startup - and then accessing from there.

Feel free to contact me on MSN, I guess it would be easier to talk on there because we will just confuse he vast majority of the rest of the members!

thewizard1o1

International Debutant
You could consider loading every single line in the database into an array in the main program on startup - and then accessing from there.
It would also be a good idea to store each player as and object inside the array. If you don't know about objects yet i suggest you read up on them as they will make things alot easier for you.

Andrew_14

School Boy/Girl Captain
Good suggestion, I might do that, although you can expect the ganme will take longer to make, as for the object suggestion, thanks, I will take that into account. :happy:

Prof_Lupin

Cricket Spectator
I'm not to sure about C++ but in C (I'm guessing just like a normal file), you read it like this:

FILE *fp;
char *a_value, b_value;
int a, b;

fp = fopen("config.ini", "r"); //I may have not gotten all the properties
a_value = fgets(fp, ..); //forget again
a = strtol(a_value, 10..) //again ;)
b_value = fgets(fp, ..); //forget again
b = strtol(b_value, 10..) //again ;)

I should refresh myself in C..

Andrew_14

School Boy/Girl Captain
Lol you obviously know what your talking about...

[ Good progress has been made. I have now completed:

- Game Configuration
- Database for teams - Australia, England
- Database customization tool
- Recored tool

As for an expected release date, it is still unclear. ]

- Update from www.cricketsim.uni.cc

straw

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
I know i might sound like an unpatient ******* but whens the full version coming

Andrew_14

School Boy/Girl Captain
Ok, an update for you all. I have finally figured out some of the system specifications (processor, etc). So far, the demonstration version which will be released shortly requires the following, so make sure you are eqipped :)

NOTE: This is just an estimate at this stage

Microsoft Windows 95/98/2000/XP
Intel Pentium 233MHz (200MHz minimum, has also been OK on 166MHz, but tends to run slower)
16MB RAM (8MB minimum)

8MB Hard Disk Space (+ an additional MB for saved games)

DirectX Compatible Sound Card (required for sound)
<1.0MB Graphics (REQUIRED, DirectX Compatible)

These are the RECOMMENDED requiremnts so far. Work still needs to be done on RAM and Processing speed, however we are so far sure that those will be around about what you need. NO specific DirectX version is required, however it is required that you have it installed, mabey 4.x or over is all that is needed. Full DLL listing will be available later on, some additional ones for Windows are required.

As for a Linux version, I also plan (since I am a regular user of Linux) to make a Linux one. Until then, you can just use WINE (Windows Kernel), however it hasn't been tested, so unexpected results might occour.

As for the DEMO version, date is still set for around 9th-12th September, however this CAN change.