• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket returning to normal

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
But you did have dinner with the dad right? Because that is the information we are all dying to know.
Gtfoh

Played with his Dad for 10 years so had dinner with him a few times

Know that you can’t play at all but surely you must have had dinner with your teammates sometime?

Maybe not

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Without catching up on the thread, is the consensus that there won't be any Test Cricket on England this summer?

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
When it's mid April and you're in the midst of a pandemic that has played a part in the deaths of thousands of people and is still causing hundreds of deaths a day with no one knowing when it will peak or if it will drop off and spike again, it doesn't matter whether you take the word of a random Australian dinner party or simply apply common sense, you're not playing Test Cricket in June. I don't expect any Tests this summer at all, but I'm not going to claim to be more of an authority on a pandemic of a new disease than anyone else is. Of course the ECB might decide to rock up at Old Trafford in October. :)

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Gtfoh

Played with his Dad for 10 years so had dinner with him a few times

Know that you can’t play at all but surely you must have had dinner with your teammates sometime?

Maybe not
Why on earth would they want to have dinner with me?

Flem274*

123/5
We could foreseeably have an ad hoc test/ ODI series between Australia and NZ but I don't think we'll trust any other government's stats on covid numbers until a vaccine is around.
initially i groaned at this prospect but i think if we just sent thirty blokes over there to lose endless tests there is a small chance a couple of players would break through the mental barrier and become better players overall. most have had good performances, kane and wagner good series.

plus i'd just get to fap to wagner more which is the main reason we need cricket back tbh.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
initially i groaned at this prospect but i think if we just sent thirty blokes over there to lose endless tests there is a small chance a couple of players would break through the mental barrier and become better players overall. most have had good performances, kane and wagner good series.

plus i'd just get to fap to wagner more which is the main reason we need cricket back tbh.
We could do a six test series here in Australia (which would give you Hobart - your best shot at winning a test) and then do a three ODI/three T20 series in NZ.

I would also like to see Wagner again. The main issue is that Smith wouldn't think the occasion is big enough to turn on god mode.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!

I know you're on lockdown but make sure you take a break for meals at least m8

quincywagstaff

International Debutant
The T20 WC I would consider virtually zero chance of going ahead as scheduled, even factoring in crowds won't be allowed in. Just too risky to even consider without a vaccine. Might as well postpone it now.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
SLC is seeing this as a chance to make money apparently. They have offered to host IPL. Would bet they will offer to host the WT20 too, if the rest of the boards are willing to actually have it.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Wonder if the SG Test has become better again. I remember Kohli and Ashwin had an interview where they said it's become a lot worse over the years. They wanted Dukes to be used everywhere.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
The problem with the SG ball is its durability. It is as good for bowlers as Dukes but it goes out of shape more quickly, I guess. Dukes seems to have the right proportion of quality and bowler-friendliness.

shetland

Cricket Spectator
I will be surprised if we see any cricket at all this season but if we do it might just be the One Day Cup and the Vitality Blast. What do you people think the the county clubs will do for the members in terms of the membership fees. Possibly a reduction in next seasons membership fee. I doubt they could afford to do much more