• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket returning to normal

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Got this from the father of a state squad player today

Unless things improve, there won’t be any organised sports allowed until November/December

Australia is doing wellish and is an island

Chances of international cricket opening up anytime soon is extremely remote

cnerd123

likes this
This just in from Hong Kong

We won't be having any organised cricket till September either

You are all welcome

----

IMO - Just because professional sports bodies around the world are covering their bases right now by calling off their seasons entirely, and ensuring that they don't build any optimism that might make people slack off and not take this virus seriously, does not mean it's wrong to be optimistic and hopeful. If any two countries in the world can get the virus under control, they will 100% organise an international series between themselves right away. Everyone wants to be first in this market, which means we could have international cricket as soon as June/July.

Sure that might just be an Associate T20I series, but still.

thecricketstory

Cricket Spectator
Coronavirus and international cricket

This video explores the implications of the Coronavirus on international cricket, including the IPL 2020. Posted almost a month ago but still discusses some relevant factors including the need for cricket administrators to safeguard broadcasting revenues.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year

You are all welcome

----

IMO - Just because professional sports bodies around the world are covering their bases right now by calling off their seasons entirely, and ensuring that they don't build any optimism that might make people slack off and not take this virus seriously, does not mean it's wrong to be optimistic and hopeful. If any two countries in the world can get the virus under control, they will 100% organise an international series between themselves right away. Everyone wants to be first in this market, which means we could have international cricket as soon as June/July.

C'mon Namibia, you can do this

social

You are all welcome

----

Friend of mine lives in Hong Kong and posted a video of his local supermarket yesterday

People are nuts

cnerd123

likes this
?

I live in Hong Kong and there is no one being nuts right now lol. Especially in Supermarkets. Everything is stocked, prices are normal, and people are going about their day. Just a lot of social distancing measures in place

I suggest whatever video you got is either back from a couple of months ago, around CNY, when panic buying was occurring everywhere, or it's just fake news

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
But it was sent from social’s friend who’s the ceo of a large mnc, you must be mistaken *****

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year

Unless things improve, there won’t be any organised sports allowed until November/December

The NRL is slated to return on May 28. I'm not saying that's going to happen but I don't think your state player father could possibly have any idea that far out. I agree with the last part though

stephen

We could foreseeably have an ad hoc test/ ODI series between Australia and NZ but I don't think we'll trust any other government's stats on covid numbers until a vaccine is around.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The NRL is slated to return on May 28. I'm not saying that's going to happen but I don't think your state player father could possibly have any idea that far out. I agree with the last part though
tbh assuming that someone has access to super secret verified information on the topic because they are "father of a state player" seems a but tenuous

We could foreseeably have an ad hoc test/ ODI series between Australia and NZ but I don't think we'll trust any other government's stats on covid numbers until a vaccine is around.
vaccine will be very interesting. If ever a situation arised where one is going to be rushed through with limited reasearch and monitoring, this will be it. I can imagine a lot of people, more than usual, refusing to get it.

Tom Flint

International Regular

Well that settles it then, we may as Well cancel everything now because the dad of a state player reckons so

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
But you did have dinner with the dad right? Because that is the information we are all dying to know.