• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket Quiz

xanderbiscuits

U19 12th Man
Ok I think that with these you will either know them or you won't.

1. Who has been out to sucessive balls in a match? (Club level)
2. Who was dropped by his father?
3. Who internationally has scored the most unreplied runs before another member of the team scored a run?
4. Who is the only player with an ODI strike rate of more than 100 after scoring more than 1000 runs?
5. Who was the second man to score 6 sixes from one over?

Last edited:

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Ok I think that with these you will either know them or you won't.

1. Who has been out to sucessive balls in a match? (Club level)
2. Who was dropped by his father?
3. Who internationally has scored the most runs unreplied runs before another member of the team scored a run?
4. Who is the only player with an ODI strike rate of more than 100 after scoring more than 1000 runs?
5. Who was the second man to score 6 sixes from one over?
4. Shahid Afridi had a strike rate of over hundred till his 106th ODI. By this time he had scored 2375 runs.

He fell into the high 90's and again went into three figures in his 157th game and hasnt lost it till date after 238 matches and 2 short of 5000 runs.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
There are others, for example Ricardo Powell who have been in the 100 plus strike rate range with over q 1000 runs but are not there now.

Last edited:

Dasa

International Vice-Captain
Dhoni also passed 1000 runs with a Strike Rate over 100, although it's fallen to ~98 now. Pietersen and Hussey were both very close too.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
The answer to 2 is Andrew Flintoff, Edgbaston 04 V West Indies (during his 167 i think)

cpr

International Coach
The answer to 2 is Andrew Flintoff, Edgbaston 04 V West Indies (during his 167 i think)
Depends what meaning of dropped your referring to

You could argue both Richard Illingworth and Graham Lloyd were dropped by their fathers, both won their last international appearances during their fathers time in charge (and wernt selected in their fathers last squad)

xanderbiscuits

U19 12th Man
Ok so great Numbers 2, 4 and 5 have been answered (Flintoff, Afridi, and Ravi Shastri)

But the numbers 1 and 3 are still unanswered (I must admit they were the harder ones)

simmy

International Regular

You could argue both Richard Illingworth and Graham Lloyd were dropped by their fathers, both won their last international appearances during their fathers time in charge (and wernt selected in their fathers last squad)
Nice...

open365

International Vice-Captain
3. Chris Gayle? There was a match where Runako Morton scored a 31 ball duck opening in an ODI, i think Gayle could be in with a shout there.

xanderbiscuits

U19 12th Man
Yes Peter Judge is correct

http://content-www.cricinfo.com/england/content/player/15568.html

He was the first but there have been more since.

And someone has guessed the right answer for no.3 It is Sanath Jayasuriya (As far as I know, I asked Howstat Statistisian and they did not know for sure but thought so).

It was the match he scored the fastest international fifty (17 balls). He had scored 66 by the time his partner Kaluwitharana was out for a duck. Must have been a good match!!

http://www.cricinfo.com/db/ARCHIVE/1995-96/OD_TOURNEYS/SINC/PAK_SL_SINC_ODI-FINAL_07APR1996.html

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets

Who was Illingworth's dad then, because I don't remember him being in charge of the Engladn squad at any time.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member

Despite both coming from Yorkshire, both being spin bowlers and both having the surname Illingworth, Ray and Richard are not related.