• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket on YouTube

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Botham: Well I think the field is absolutely completely wrong. They've changed the field. They've brought the fine leg up. They've put a man out for the short wide long hop. What is going on??

Jayasuriya smashes next ball from Harmison straight into the hands of the man out on the boundary.

Botham's co-commentator: There he is. The man out for the short wide long hop, and he gets it. Well done Ian Botham.

I love when that happens. :)

Funny moments of the English summer 2006

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Botham: Well I think the field is absolutely completely wrong. They've changed the field. They've brought the fine leg up. They've put a man out for the short wide long hop. What is going on??

Jayasuriya smashes next ball from Harmison straight into the hands of the man out on the boundary.

Botham's co-commentator: There he is. The man out for the short wide long hop, and he gets it. Well done Ian Botham.

I love when that happens. :)

Funny moments of the English summer 2006
:laugh::laugh:

"Do you like the older man?"

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Oh, lots of pressure here for the skippy, ey?
Gonna let his whole country down now if he fails.
Oh, lots of expectations, fellas.
Come on.
Oh wow, the weight of all these expectations, fellas.
The weight of the country, chaps.
Only 2 million supporters right here.
Depending on Shaun.
I thought it's forty-two million? Makes sense with the population of SA, anyway...

Still great fun. :D

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Samuel_Vimes said:
I thought it's forty-two million? Makes sense with the population of SA, anyway...

My thoughts too. Only I wasn't going to say anything :p

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Samuel_Vimes said:

I thought he meant the number of South African cricket fans/Pietersen haters. It did seem a bit odd that Sangakkara had such intricate stats memorized...

Langeveldt

Soutie
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Oh, lots of pressure here for the skippy, ey?
Gonna let his whole country down now if he fails.
Oh, lots of expectations, fellas.
Come on.
Oh wow, the weight of all these expectations, fellas.
The weight of the country, chaps.
Only 2 million supporters right here.
Depending on Shaun.
Humour, Sri Lankan style.. They've got a bit of learning to do to catch up with the Aussies :laugh:

shortpitched713

International Captain
I think thats ten times better than the Aussie sledges I've heard. I mean how affected do you think someones really going to be by that "I've done your mother/sister/wife" bs. Come on guys get creative!:dry:

dinu23

International Debutant
oh no, SL don't need to catch up with the Aussies, they don't won't to stoop to such a low level.

Last edited:

PY

International Coach
How on earth did they get away with that?

That ball to Waugh at the end was an absolute snorter, you could see his butt clamp up!

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
I remember watching that game, unbelievable pitch. Shane Warne would've been proud of that Ian Bishop delivery.