• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Cricket Master 2005 Development Thread*

chris.hinton

International Captain
He said he was going to do it on the 2nd of Nov, He hasnt on the 3rd the site was down

Merk is talking rubbish it is a HOAX

Shahid Afridi

School Boy/Girl Captain
indeed.

even though the game mite still be in progress of completing, you shouldent set a release date what you are unable to comply with. From a third persons view after reading the 61 pages of post's, they`ll believe this game is fake and is unreliable.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
merk said:
Ok as an official tester and a mirror for Cricket Master 2005 I downloaded the alpha that duff gave me earlier tonight (we havent talked for a while due to his school commitments and me working on my own website / projects)

I have downloaded the narrowband alpha and it is looking great the run time error for me at least doesnt show up there was a few mixups but duff and i have sorted them out.

This game is real and you will be able to find all about it at the lastx and cricketmaster websites as well as mine as from tomorrow on it will be being advertised up there...

Duff has decided not to release a release date as he is coding this all by himself at the moment from my understanding and with his exams and all that it is taking a while.

This will be one of if not the best freeware cricket management simulators out there and good things will come to those who wait...
This game is real! I bet my house on it!!!
Are you back on this project now?

Didnt you completely cast it aside and start asking for money the first time it turned out to be a hoax?

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Well, that was his first post, so obviously it isn't him, but someone who signed up using his name.

Anyway, people would be better off if they just forgot about this game. Honestly, if we assume that it's indeed legitimate, it's probably gonna be crap, look at his credentials - completely unreliable, no experience at all (he's 17 or something), what do you expect??

kears_falcon_9

International Debutant
Rob and others... no need for those posts..... if u new the guy personally and actually spoke to him you would no that there IS a game... the reason it is on hold atm is because of EXAMS.. and clearly high school exams are far more important than making a FREE game for u guys who dont even respect what he does.

Cut him some slack and dont post if u dont have anythnig good to say..

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Kears... I couldn't care less about this game, it's the fact that people are still expecting some great game. I never said that there wasn't a game, either. You realise that this game was meant to be released near the start of this year? Xavier does not have exams throughout the entire year, so what's your response to that?

There's absolutely no need for these bleeding heart "guys leave him alone :( :( :( ur so unappreciative cut him some slack so what if hes dragged this on for months and months hes had exams".

My advice - forget about this game, hopefully sometime it is released, and hopefully it is as good as it's made out to be, but otherwise I wouldn't hold my breath..

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
My biggest issue is that he's not made any effort to respond to particular programming queries from myself and Glenn amongst others - without arrogance, we know our stuff about cricket sim programming, so non-responses really don't impress.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Glenn Stiemens said:
Neil Pickup said:
Out of interest (continuing from our theory-of-cricket-game-development discussion in the BC06 thread), how will Cricket Master be simulating deliveries - a single calculation based upon batting/bowling skill/tactics, or multiple levels of maths calculating delivery type, batsman response etc?
I don't rate your chances of getting a straight answer on this one Neil. I attempted to discuss how they were approaching it (much like the posts in your Beach Cricket thread) and unfortunately was just given answers of "Trust me it works" and was then told to take such discussions to private messaging, before being given childish nicknames.

I genuinely, as with anyone, hope that this game can be a success but I have to say you do begin to get a tad frustrated when comments other than praise are complained about by the developers. It is in the essence of a good developer to be able to discuss methods of implementation as well as listen to all comments good and bad imho.

That said, I do wish the people involved on this project the best of luck - as I do every game developer, Daniel Thomas and yourself included!
This was posted on April 8. Seven months ago. Are we going to lower ourselves to an answer this year?

Last edited:

Shahid Afridi

School Boy/Girl Captain
we shud really close this thread on a temp basis and just forget about the ''game'' to be made. When the game is really created, it would be sensible to reopen it, however at the moment its really a waste of space.

chris.hinton

International Captain
The game was Due to be released on March 17th... now we are in November and we have 2 beta which dont work for 99.98% of Computers.... It is a Hoax

I Think that this kid might have an reasonable excuse of Exams but do you think he would have known before planning this "Game"

and they way he treats people on this and his own forum is discusting to say the least,

merk

Cricket Spectator
Ok i am not trying to cross promote here but on the LASTX site there is a link to the cricket master site that will keep you up to date...

This game is real I have the alpha version which is the release just before the beta which he is working on - - - I can take a screenshot of anything and show you guys and who ever said that 99.98% of computers cant play it are truly telling a load of crap because the alpha has not been released apart to those who are helping him with the coding and stuff to see how its all going so people have not downloaded it yet so you have no idea wtf you are talking about!

chooka_nick

International 12th Man
merk said:
Ok i am not trying to cross promote here but on the LASTX site there is a link to the cricket master site that will keep you up to date...

This game is real I have the alpha version which is the release just before the beta which he is working on - - - I can take a screenshot of anything and show you guys and who ever said that 99.98% of computers cant play it are truly telling a load of crap because the alpha has not been released apart to those who are helping him with the coding and stuff to see how its all going so people have not downloaded it yet so you have no idea wtf you are talking about!
What? I'm not a tester and I've been helping with the Alpha more than anyone...

sean

School Boy/Girl Captain
I can't believe people are still falling for this hoax.

Any idiot can make a user interface and then Photoshop it to make it look like a game is in progress. I wouldn't be surprised if the "code" which is so top secret is just a random number generator.

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Guys I'm releasing a game soon, here's a screenshot..

(yes indeed I did just manufacture this myself, it was exhausting and I may need to have a rest after such strenuous activity, but seriously, imagine how good you could make a screenshot look in a day, or two, or maybe even 6 months..

Attachments

merk

Cricket Spectator
Wow looks good mate lol - just playing look I dont know why everyone is having a go at me about this all I know is that I have an alpha version which seems to work decently - I just dont like that everyone is bagging out duff I have faith in him i mean if we didnt have faith in things we would get excited about things -

I am just willing to stand by him and see what happens!
So stop bagging me about it I aint the one coding it - I can take screenshots but what would the point be you guys would just start critising me for just doing what is asked and that is just taking a screenshot!

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Robertinho said:
Guys I'm releasing a game soon, here's a screenshot..

(yes indeed I did just manufacture this myself, it was exhausting and I may need to have a rest after such strenuous activity, but seriously, imagine how good you could make a screenshot look in a day, or two, or maybe even 6 months..

i cant believe you could be bothered to do that