• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

cricket magazine in nz

What are your views on a monthly cricket magazine in NZ

• Yea, no doubt about it :)

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • Maybe, depends on whats in it.

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • Nah, no point the internet has got it all

Votes: 2 16.7%

• Total voters

whitedazzler

School Boy/Girl Captain
thinkin bout startin up a nzcricket magazine
just wondering what peoples views are on 1) buying it and 2) what they would like in it

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
The big question for you would be how sustainable it is cost wise. We have seen quite a few sports and cricket magazines come up and then close shop in India. The trend is high quality cheap magazine in the beginning, then high price magazine where paper quality reduces to shutting down of shop.

In New Zealand, the readership base would be far smaller. So you have to keep it realistic and if you think you can get revenue to sustain the cost, go ahead but be realistic.. :)

Natman20

International Debutant
I would be all for it. As long as it would be in popular shops theres no doubt that I would buy it every month.

Natman20

International Debutant
I would like player profiles, match reviews, statistics and articles (things like cricinfo blogs), up-coming players, interviews. You could also possibly include competitions. Just make sure the layout is visually friendly making images dominant and enthrawling always a good trick not too much text.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Depending on availability and price I would almost certainly buy such a magazine. Like Natman said some good things to include would be;

Player profiles
Statistics
Scorecards
Match Reviews
Articles
State Shield and State Championship Round Up

I think this kind of magazine could be a very good idea to help boost the popularity of NZ cricket.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Cricket magazines have been tried (and failed) in New Zealand. There was one floating round in the early 1990s, but that disappeared within a year or so, and my cricketing magazine fix (before the internet appeared) was courtesy of the Aussie magazine Inside Edge.

Unless you had some amazing ability to get interviews with Black Caps and actually get something insightful, or managed to get the likes of Don Cameron onboard (equally unlikely), I would not be interested. I get everything I need in the world of cricket journalism from the NZ Herald, Jonathan Millmow, or myself...

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
The internet does now render magazines fairly redundant unless they can offer a great deal of variety to what is on the internet, mainly because of the time delays.

Natman20

International Debutant
If it has a large emphasis on New Zealand cricket and interesting articles/blog thingies are conjured up like cricinfo im sure you would have no doubt an audience. You would find that it would go through troughs though in Nzs off season where only real cricket fans would buy the magazine. Another thing that could be added is like a page where people can ask for statistics questions and things like that.

whitedazzler

School Boy/Girl Captain
ive done number crunching on approximate costs for it. Its not really that hard 2 make a profit of it but unless i find a spare 10g on the ground it ant goin 2 happen haha :)

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
whitedazzler: Do you have MSN or an email address where I could contact you with regards to this?

brockley

International Captain
Australia has had numerous cricket magazines just ask ken piesse 2 attempts both down the drain.Even australia which has a big market its hard to make a cricket magazine popular here,yet the rugby league and afl magazines sell in bulk:@ .

luffy

International Captain
whitedazzler said:
thinkin bout startin up a nzcricket magazine
just wondering what peoples views are on 1) buying it and 2) what they would like in it
If you are going to make one all i can say is good luck