• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket Coach Thread

Timewell

U19 Debutant
Blaze said:
There are also some other issues like being able to make 1000 when batting in a Test match. You need to have a look at the overall game engine.
That has been looked at.

Oli Norwell

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Retox said:
I might add that this is not a "shot" at the game. I like it. I just wanna know if it's worth playing youth (do they get better over time)
Yes they do get better in later years, and playing them when young will fast track their progress.

Oli

Oli Norwell

marc71178 said:
How was it not spotted pre-release though?
I fixed a bug with the aggression settings that meant the match engine became unbalanced. This was on Friday so we didn't pick up the fault until after the version was released.

Oli

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Oli Norwell said:
I fixed a bug with the aggression settings that meant the match engine became unbalanced. This was on Friday so we didn't pick up the fault until after the version was released.
Didn't it come across to you as being just a tad dangerous to make changes so close to release?

Jari Rantanen

Cricket Spectator
marc71178 said:
Didn't it come across to you as being just a tad dangerous to make changes so close to release?
I'm sure it did, but if there was a bug with the aggression there anyway, surely it was better to fix that and hope that it caused no further effects, rather than releasing a game knowing there was a bug in the code?

If no effects had been caused, what Oli did would have been perfect. But as another problem surfaced, we still only have the same amount of bugs there, but are one further step down the line in the fixing process..

the_stooge

Cricket Spectator
Well 2 be fair i think the game looks ok. Yes there are quite a few bugs but i think that there is potential for a good game. Also its missing coaching and physio and second team etc but this is first release of the game and i think it's a little unfair to expect it to have all the options right away.

I do understand that there could be problems with the way the softwrap works and that without softwrap game works fine, but also think its a little silly to fix bugs and alter the game too much a week before release without testing it much before to make sure its fixed problem and not created another. The simple answer was to not release the game without more testing and make sure the game is right when released but then its suppose its pretty easy to say that now.

I am still lookin forward to the next release which will hopefully will iron out bugs and be close to the game that most of us had hoped for.

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
you have to see it this way, CM 2(computer ) wasnt that good a game was it, but it had a damn lot of potential. so does this game !

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Jari Rantanen said:
I'm sure it did, but if there was a bug with the aggression there anyway, surely it was better to fix that and hope that it caused no further effects, rather than releasing a game knowing there was a bug in the code?
I wouldn't be so sure - I know that FM go gold then continue to correct bugs (and test that the bugs are cleared) before releasing the patch (often on day of release)

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Kweek said:
you have to see it this way, CM 2(computer ) wasnt that good a game was it, but it had a damn lot of potential. so does this game !
At the time though, it was far and away the best game of its genre, and certainly wasn't a game with such obvious flaws.

It is only with retrospect we can say it's not that good becuase of what it's become.

Timewell

U19 Debutant
marc71178 said:
I wouldn't be so sure - I know that FM go gold then continue to correct bugs (and test that the bugs are cleared) before releasing the patch (often on day of release)
SI are a lot bigger than Glenn and Oli, they have the resources available to do things like this.

Wicom

Cricket Spectator
Jari Rantanen said:
why the big rush to release the game?

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Kweek said:
you're joking right, CM2 at the time was awesome. i still play CM2 97-98 now.

crickhowell

U19 Vice-Captain
After getting the new vesion it's occured to me, is there a way to delete saved games?
If not this would be a nessecity(sp?) in later versions.
Edit: Also, how do you go into windowed mode? I haven't figured that one out either.

Last edited:

imagine

School Boy/Girl Captain
new version bug found.

during 1 one day international aus v bangladesh
play stopped because of rain at this stage. then i LOST!

also in computer simmed one day matches there still scores like 186/2 after 50 overs

Attachments

Last edited:

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
Apparently, Thorpe can't sign, as he's an overseas player, for Leicestershire.

EDIT:

Bangladesh bug :p

Bangladesh just beat Australia by 6 runs in the first test.

Last edited:

mallorys1

Cricket Spectator
Just downloaded the new version 1.01.

Fielding seems to have been improved.
one Day matches at the moment the same as they were, seeing heaps of low scores with little wickets after the full 50 overs. ie 1/180 2/190 5/193.
Still heaps of o/s players signing Sheffield shield contracts. Can this be changed. It just doesn't happen with the sort of regularity as is happening in the game.

There wasn't a list of improvements included with the download, so not sure what has or hasn't been retouched.
Best of luck to Glenn and Olli getting it right in coming updates.

Dingo

WHERE'S THE DATA EDITOR???????????????????????

Yet another example of a game being released without a way to fix data errors!!!!!!! :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@

victorbubba

Cricket Spectator
new version

i just downloaded the new version but i cannot get the thing to work:@
after selecting trial it just throws me the cricket coach .exe has encountered an error dialogue box and freezes the pc.
strangely the original version trial worked ok:wacko:
anybody got any ideas ?
vic