• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket Coach Thread

yorkie

Cricket Spectator
I also find this problem, but also in the player search option. eg searching for batsmen, click on player, then click back and has reset. One of the features that must be improved by the CC team

Jari Rantanen

Cricket Spectator
Been reading this thread, and after downloading the demo, I have found some of the same problems (mouse non-responsiveness, resetting filters/pages, etc) but also had one that has not been mentioned here (I have previously e-mailed this via the Cricket Coach website)

I played as Hampshire, and tried to sign free agents and one player on a pre-contract: on the latter I had a news item saying the player accepted the contract and on the player screen said he signed a contract with Hampshire, but the next time I looked he had renewed and extended his deal with his club (Northants)

I also tried to pick up some free agents: I got news items saying the English players accepted the contracts, but they did not appear in my squad and remained listed as free agents.

With two of the three non-English players, the same happened. With the other, the deal he agreed with me was listed as a southern hemisphere contract and covering the SH dates - so he was still a free agent for the English summer, but I assume would have come to Hampshire looking to play over the English winter!

Despite the above, I thought the game showed promise - run scoring was a little low, especially in the OD games, but I didn't have any problems with batsmen never getting out or silly totals, no CTDs or keyboard/error messages.

The things I couldn't work out was how to change the fields, line and pitch while bowling, and if there was a way of telling a batsmen to keep the majority of the strike while in with a tail ender. Also, with no training set-up or 2nd XI's, I assume young players improve only by playing, or is there an algorithm incorporated into the game to mimic improvement via 2nd XI and coaching?

yorkie

Cricket Spectator
I had this same problem. I have found that to buy players for the English summer if you are a county, you must make an offer and they accept the terms from April 1st to May 1st. On May 1st players then transfer. If players accept after this date, they either sign up for Southern Hemisphere summer NH winter, or for the next English summer. Hope this has answered your querie.

PS NO way of changing field, line and length or strike retaining
also no way of coaching or players improving in 2nd X1

These issues are hopefully (fingers crossed) due to be addressed in a patch, sometime soon

Jari Rantanen

Cricket Spectator
yorkie said:
I had this same problem. I have found that to buy players for the English summer if you are a county, you must make an offer and they accept the terms from April 1st to May 1st. On May 1st players then transfer. If players accept after this date, they either sign up for Southern Hemisphere summer NH winter, or for the next English summer. Hope this has answered your querie.

PS NO way of changing field, line and length or strike retaining
also no way of coaching or players improving in 2nd X1

These issues are hopefully (fingers crossed) due to be addressed in a patch, sometime soon
I think what you have explained was what happened with Harbajan Singh (the OS player with the SH contract with Hampshire), but the others were all definitely within the transfer window.

Thanks for the other answers as well - it will stop me clicking randomly at the screen!

yorkie

Cricket Spectator
i don't know what could have happened then.
maybe someone from the Cricket coach team will know how to fix it, and whether it is in the patch

Its all a mystery...

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Kweek said:
you guys just have to be happy some one tries!
But the Bangladesh beating Aus isn't just a one off.

The 800+ runs and no 6s doesn't seem that great in terms of AI.

Regular big scores in screenshots don't make it one-offs.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Kweek said:
It was ready, Like me and timewell said, the game was done. none of us ever saw those bugs!
I really question how you can't have seen things like a large number of people are experiencing.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
yorkie said:
when i had a rain delay it said that the players had been off for 64 minutes,
and then that 2 overs had been lost?:wacko:
And what's wrong with that?

There is extra time allowed.

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
Oli said himself that he'd been working on the game between last test version of the game, and the released version. simple.

Oli Norwell

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
I better add I think the issue with Bangladesh is that we've rated some of their players too highly. In due course we'll try to reduce some of their ratings so they don't perform quite as well.

To give a quick example from memory I think I scored Mohammad Asharaful (sp?) fairly highly, as I was impressed with some of his innings in England last year. In reality though the guy has a terrible record, and really should have a fairly low rating in the game.

Oli

Oli Norwell

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Jamee999 said:
I reckon for now it'll be a fixing broken or faulty features update, and later will come new features.
Yep that's correct, it will take us a little while to clear these odd crash bugs. But once that's done we can move onto improving features and adding new ones.

People have asked if you can change the field, well yes, you change the field by changing the bowling plan. Each bowl plan has a series of balls with different fields. In the future we hope to have a bowl plan editor that allows you to create your own ones. This will allow complete control over line/length/field etc.

Oli

Jari Rantanen

Cricket Spectator
Oli Norwell said:
(snip)

In the future we hope to have a bowl plan editor that allows you to create your own ones. This will allow complete control over line/length/field etc.

Oli
That will be a huge benefit, and increase the depth of the game multiple fold.

cricketboy29

International Regular
Oh, and Oli, In the next update could you perhaps include an updated team roster for the Indian Ranji trophy sides?.

chooka_nick

International 12th Man
Oli Norwell said:
We like to call them updates:)

As they'll (in due course) add new user requested features as well as clear bugs.

Oli
Thanks for that mate, looking forward to it. I think I'll purchase it at a later date, when things seem fixed.

Retox

State Vice-Captain
Retox said:
Do players get better? Or do they always stay "Poor"

I might add that this is not a "shot" at the game. I like it. I just wanna know if it's worth playing youth (do they get better over time)

Blaze

Banned
Oli Norwell said:
I better add I think the issue with Bangladesh is that we've rated some of their players too highly. In due course we'll try to reduce some of their ratings so they don't perform quite as well.

To give a quick example from memory I think I scored Mohammad Asharaful (sp?) fairly highly, as I was impressed with some of his innings in England last year. In reality though the guy has a terrible record, and really should have a fairly low rating in the game.

Oli

There are also some other issues like being able to make 1000 when batting in a Test match. You need to have a look at the overall game engine.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Blaze said:
There are also some other issues like being able to make 1000 when batting in a Test match. You need to have a look at the overall game engine.

To be fair, you can do that in the ICC series. I mean, the AI doesn't do it but you can.

cpr

International Coach
NZTailender said:
To be fair, you can do that in the ICC series. I mean, the AI doesn't do it but you can.
Yeah, but in fairness, i personally was seeing it pretty much every game. I mean, 600/0 and 1117/4 in a match between SA and NZ, then watching Bangladesh trash Aus for 500+ (aus replying with the same).

It does need a bit of a tweak. It'll get there though :)