• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

County Cricket 2022

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Neither Abbas or Abbott have been playing for Hampshire. Barker has played a couple. The batters not at the hundred have been playing though which sounds like something Surrey have not really done.
I think Abbott's playing in The Hundred isn't he? Albeit not for the obvious side. And yes, Surrey have only played one of their recognised batsmen, Ryan Patel. As he's just been dismissed cheaply, Somerset may well wrap this one up before the rain arrives.

EDIT
Nope, Surrey's young batsmen actually did really well today. Probably read my comments on CW and decided that they'd show the old boy.

Last edited:

davidba90

Cricket Spectator
I think Abbott's playing in The Hundred isn't he? Albeit not for the obvious side. And yes, Surrey have only played one of their recognised batsmen, Ryan Patel. As he's just been dismissed cheaply, Somerset may well wrap this one up before the rain arrives.

EDIT
Nope, Surrey's young batsmen actually did really well today. Probably read my comments on CW and decided that they'd show the old boy.
With Hatzoglou lined up for a very brief stint for Oval Invincibles I wonder if he'll stay on to be Surrey's second overseas in September?

slippy888

International Captain
Pujara just scored a 100 for sussex

130 off 90 balls you would never expect him to score that quick.

Last edited by a moderator:

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Astonishing stuff from Darren Stevens to take Kent to the final of the Royal London Cup; unbeaten 84 from 65 balls after his side were in trouble against Hampshire. It was the first time that I've watched him actually, and his ability to split the boundary fielders was quite something.

kevinw

State Vice-Captain
He continues to produce miracles, often from impossible situations. Kent have had a dire season on the whole but the Hundred may have inadvertently helped them as it's opened the RL50 right up.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
The County Championship resumes today. Well, for some of the counties, anyway. Surrey probably won't be disappointed at not playing until next week, especially if England and SA can produce another quick finish and release Pope and Foakes in time for Surrey's next match. Without them, I'm not entirely sure who plays at 4 and 5. Hampshire should make up some ground on the leaders, but, if the forecast is to be believed, there won't be much play in Southampton this week. And my guess is that Northants would rather take the draw than manufacture a contrived finish. Lancashire are more likely to have enough time to see off Yorkshire, although there's a fair bit of rain forecast there as well.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Seems Durham are going to lose points because Maddinson's bat is too large. Only Durham could manage that.

HeathDavisSpeed

Great ton for Firoze Khushi for Essex. He's been around the team for a few years, but seems to have advanced a fair bit this year.

Another one off the Whipps Cross Hospital production line (Graham Gooch, Dan Lawrence, Jamie Foster, Adam Wheater).

tony p

First Class Debutant
Notts a little cautious, bowled Leic out for 93, then declares and sets them 499. I think that is probably enough.
It better not rain.

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
ugh Gloucestershire crawling to 246-5 in 92 overs on day 3 vs Somerset after having a 100 run lead on first innings and a solid base in the 2nd innings. No ambition, No wonder we are bottom by more than 30 points.

Sam Cook 188 wickets @20.43 before this game. Average down to 19.8 after 9 wickets in the yet to be completed game if my calculations correct. Apparently would be the first time in 51 years an English bowler has taken his first 200 first class wickets at less than 20 should he make it. Ben Coad had a chance of doing this today, but has just missed out.

Starfighter

Surely Cook has to get in an England squad at some point. I know he's not fast (although that didn't stop Robinson), but he's outperforming practically anyone else in England (including Potts).

HeathDavisSpeed

Surely Cook has to get in an England squad at some point. I know he's not fast (although that didn't stop Robinson), but he's outperforming practically anyone else in England (including Potts).
He was in the most recent England A squad and was okay. I kind of think given he's still young, there's a chance of adding a few kms/hr with high performance support (obvs a chance of ruining him as well!)

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Surrey continue to take the piss out of their supporters as their D1 challenge recommences at Northampton today. I knew that we'd be without Pope and Foakes but figured that we'd see Jacks and SCurran in the middle order, which isn't the worst outcome. Nope, neither of them is playing, presumably exhausted by their efforts in the Hundred. Or maybe told to rest before flying out to Pakistan, in which case the county should have told the powers that be to take a hike. Instead, we've got Geddes and Steel in our top 6. Spoiler alert - they're both crap. Overton's also missing, presumably still recovering from whatever he did to himself a month and half ago. Surprisingly, TCurran is actually playing in the CC for the first time this season. Still, Roach and Worrall are back, so a low scoring 3 day match seems the likeliest outcome. Northants in with a real chance unless Burns and Amla go big.

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
According to the internet England t20 squad fly out to Pakistan in 2 days time, with the first game a week tomorrow so explains where Jacks and Curran are. Schedule gets more and more ridiculous.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
According to the internet England t20 squad fly out to Pakistan in 2 days time, with the first game a week tomorrow so explains where Jacks and Curran are. Schedule gets more and more ridiculous.
Fair enough, perhaps not the fault of Surrey after all. And yes, the schedule is a joke.