• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cool dude list by country

Jack1

International Debutant
Australia - Sir Donald Bradman
England - Kevin Pietersen
South Africa - Makhaya Ntini
India - Sachin Tendulkar
Pakistan - Shahid Afridi
Afghanistan - Asghar Afghan
West Indies - Sir Viv Richards
Zimbabwe - Andy Flower
Bangladesh- Shakib Al Hasan
Ireland - Tim Murtagh
New Zealand - Kane Williamson
Sri Lanka - Aravinda De Silva

(Romania - Pavel Florin)

Feel free to create your own list. I may have forgotten a player I could have preferred on this.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Bradman was so far from being a "cool dude" it's not funny. KP is a massive dork and douche. I've revised your list for you:

Australia - Keith Miller, Vic Trumper
England - Denis Compton, Les Ames
India - None available
Pakistan - Imran Khan
West Indies - Sir Viv Richards, Worrell, Ambrose, Sobers
Zimbabwe - Henry Olonga
New Zealand - Shane Bond, Chris Cairns

andmark

International Captain
Would WG fit this given his aura in his time? CB Fry also strikes me as a candidate.

Jack1

International Debutant
Bradman was so far from being a "cool dude" it's not funny. KP is a massive dork and douche. I've revised your list for you:

Australia - Keith Miller, Vic Trumper
England - Denis Compton, Les Ames
India - None available
Pakistan - Imran Khan
West Indies - Sir Viv Richards, Worrell, Ambrose, Sobers
Zimbabwe - Henry Olonga
New Zealand - Shane Bond, Chris Cairns
I agree, some of my list is a joke. Some isn't. It was tongue and cheek. That's why I was waiting for some input from someone more serious than me on the matter (lol). I prefer WG Grace for England and Shahid Afridi for Pakistan personally. Olonga is a good shout for Zimbabwe and Shane Bond edges out Cairns I think.

Would WG fit this given his aura in his time? CB Fry also strikes me as a candidate.
Yeah WG takes the house down for England. KP is the opposite of WG, partly what my inside joke was all about at the beginning :laugh:

Last edited:

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Anguilla- Omari Banks
Antigua and Barbuda- Sir Curtly Ambrose, Sir IVA Richards, Sir Richie Richardson, Rahkeem Cornwall
Australia- Colin Miller
Bermuda- Dwayne Leverock
Barbados- Carlisle Best
Bangladesh- Athar Ali Khan
Canada- Jimmy Hansra
England- ?
Grenada- Andre Fletcher
Guyana- Joe Solomon, Clayton Lambert, Reon King, Rohan Kanhai, Alvin Kallicharan, Clive Lloyd, Lance Gibbs
India- Javagal Srinath
Jamaica- Gayle, Holding, Patrick Patterson
New Zealand- Chris Harris
Pakistan- Saleem Malik
South Africa- kallis
Zimbabwe- Douglas Hondo, Christopher Mpofu.

h_hurricane

International Vice-Captain
DK Lillee and Keith Miller both take the prize for the coolest dudes from Oz.
DKL was hardly cool. He was such a terrible ****. For whatever he did to Kim Hughes.... You can't try to knock your team mate's head off in a practice session and be called cool.

Miller is a good choice though.

Jack1

International Debutant
DKL was hardly cool. He was such a terrible ****. For whatever he did to Kim Hughes.... You can't try to knock your team mate's head off in a practice session and be called cool.

Miller is a good choice though.
Glad someone said it. Lillie wasn't cool at all.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Cool people are rarely nice to everyone. DKL was the epitome of men in the 70s. The man every other man wanted to be and every straight woman wanted to bed.

Jack1

International Debutant
Cool people are rarely nice to everyone. DKL was the epitome of men in the 70s. The man every other man wanted to be and every straight woman wanted to bed.
Quite the contrary Stephen. It's deeper than you think. Lillee is a tosser.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Quite the contrary Stephen. It's deeper than you think. Lillee is a tosser.
It's my experience that most popular people are tossers of one sort or another. Lillee was the embodiment of Aussie machismo in the 70s.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
I tend to think you can't really be cool if you are too good. Those players who are relentlessly excellent tend to be less endearing and likeable than those who are fantastic yet flawed