• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cool dude list by country

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Of course Merv Hughes and Max Walker were both ridiculously cool blokes in their prime.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Do they still have the Julios vs nerds wars in the Australian dressing room? The Julios must surely be well and truly outnumbered in this day and age.

Jack1

International Debutant
Agree withthe first two. Jadeja tries far too hard to be cool though. That sword thing he does is pure cringe. If it was a tv show it'd be an episode of Below Deck, it's that bad.
You write that as if Dale Steyn isn't the biggest try hard in the history of the game.

We have a winner for India folks.

England WG Grace
India Sehwag
West Indies Viv Richards

I'll think about the rest.

Last edited:

Jack1

International Debutant
It's close but I think Richie Benaud tops Keith Miller for Australia. I need to try and think of a better one for my list though (my serious list - opposed to the joke one in the OP ..lol..)

EDIT ...Mike Hussey might get the W

Australia Mike Hussey
England WG Grace
West Indies Sir Viv Richards
India Sehwag

That's my loading list - serious one.

Last edited:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
How dare you.

That said, Imran Tahir is easily the coolest dude for South Africa.
I don't really have the same general problem a lot do here with his wicket celebrations but I do think they preclude him for being particularly cool.

MrPrez

International Debutant
I don't really have the same general problem a lot do here with his wicket celebrations but I do think they preclude him for being particularly cool.
Oh, well if we're talking about traditional "cool" then it's clearly ABDV.