• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Commonwealth Games Thread

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
My God!!!!

It's gladdy time.

Australian culture at its finest.

Now we just need those two guys dropping theit keks and making their willies look like doughnuts and we're there. Well played, Australia.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Ceremony smelt (shock me). Songs all went too long (except for Paul Kelly's first one), John Farnham was funny to look at because he's gotten fat. Best part of it was the Indian conglomerate. Dame Edna was great till she started singing. And if I were Michael Klim, I'd be giving a massive spray to the idiot who pushed the "Play" button on the Dame Edna piece too early - no way in my mind was that supposed to happen. And even if it was, it is still a massive insult.

And we hate fireworks. Just in general, we seem to have a strange aversion towards them.

Swervy

International Captain
vic_orthdox said:
Ceremony smelt (shock me). Songs all went too long (except for Paul Kelly's first one), John Farnham was funny to look at because he's gotten fat. Best part of it was the Indian conglomerate. Dame Edna was great till she started singing. And if I were Michael Klim, I'd be giving a massive spray to the idiot who pushed the "Play" button on the Dame Edna piece too early - no way in my mind was that supposed to happen. And even if it was, it is still a massive insult.
And we hate fireworks. Just in general, we seem to have a strange aversion towards them.
oh..i thought that was meant to happen..it seemed a typical Dame E type of thing!!!!

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Voltman said:
I've seen the video replays. It's not conclusive, as far as I'm concerned.

You Aussies really don't like it when things don't go your way... :p

And he can't be called a golden boy anymore. :D
Why are you trying to make Mottram the fall guy?

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Robertinho said:
The gold medal match in netball is on now. Van dyk - so incredibly tall. Sharelle McMahon can attack my goal any day :naughty:
I'm a big Joanna Fargus fan myself (I think that's her name...the swimmer)...

ash chaulk

International Captain
footy players and ballarinas awesome!

will delhi try to place cricket in the program?? i hear india are getting rid of basketball for 2010 cos they lose by over 100 points to aus in it

nibbs

International Captain
Voltman said:
Yes, before the Olympics - over 109 metres more, but essentially the same.

http://www.athletics.org.nz/news.html

Did you see the heats, Robertinho? Willis was almost tripped - he staggered for a few metres - but was still classy enough to win his heat and eased over the line.

And where exactly did I claim others were blaming Willis?
lets face it, voltman. australians are hitting implausible levels of arrogance. to suggest the gold was going to be won by mottram is absolute buffoonery.

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Son Of Coco said:
I'm a big Joanna Fargus fan myself (I think that's her name...the swimmer)...
Yep. She can stroke my back anyday :naughty:

She swam for England in Athens, I think, but since her family have moved to Australia she now swims for Australia :huh: