• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Colts or Yellows

What should they be Colts or Yellows

• Total voters

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
It's going to take a while for the Colts to be consistently competitive. We started off with mainly juniors/rookies and as far as from what I can tell we are not an attractive option for the more experienced/better cricketers in the league due to our lack of success, and while we aren't given preference in the draft even though we finish at the bottom of the table it will take a while for us to gain a consistently competitive side. When we put it together we can do anything, but we lack the experience and the superstars to do it on a consistent basis.

However, I am more than happy with this team and love playing for them. The players we do have are committed to the cause and try their hardest every time we go out on the paddock. We are all working for each other and eventually things will go right. I am proud to lead this team and of every player who does their best each game.

Loony BoB

International Captain
You'd think one or two high class batsmen would jump at the chance to join, really. We have such a good bowling attack that if we had two top bats move into the side, we could really jump for the title, and they'd get consistent gametime to boot due to the lack of strong competition.

David

International 12th Man
Loony BoB said:
You'd think one or two high class batsmen would jump at the chance to join, really. We have such a good bowling attack that if we had two top bats move into the side, we could really jump for the title, and they'd get consistent gametime to boot due to the lack of strong competition.
I wouldn't want to displace your younger batsmen. :ph34r:

Besides, there are certain unsavoury characters on your team.

Travis_Teh

International Regular
Loony BoB said:
Kearsley tried to go to either green or colts ... but you guys didn't want him :p Make your mind up.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Travis_Teh said:
Kearsley tried to go to either green or colts ... but you guys didn't want him :p Make your mind up.
Get your facts straight. We did want him. But Black wouldn't trade him to us.

Travis_Teh

International Regular
Mister Wright said:
It's not a technicality buddy. You said we didn't want him and you were wrong. Suffer in your jocks.
Haha, haven't heard that saying in such a long time :( I have no comeback for that, you win.

:p

chooka_nick

International 12th Man
steds said:
1) Colts are horses. Not dogs.
Irrelevant when you look at the usage of the word.
steds said:
2) No you're not. You're probably worse this season than you ever have been.
Yes, we are heading there (as in, moving towards it).
Anything else which occurs is purely coincidental - say, perhaps, we lose our baggage, our bus breaks down, we are forced into the labour camps of a terrible rougue-state Communist group and have to withstand abacination, choking, denailing, being disfigured, kneecapping, sleep deprivation, aggravated, forcible tooth extraction, beatings, being forced to listen to music that heightens anxiety, being forced to listen to Neil, bone-breaking, oxygen deprivation, squassation (I dont even know what that means...) and then, having somehow survived all that, to lose to CricketWeb Green, is just part and parcel of the journey.

Travis_Teh

International Regular
Loony BoB said:
Never heard that saying at all! Is it Australian?
It is Aussie ... bit more of a country thing ... and it's pretty lame, but hysterical after many years of not hearing it :)

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Ideally all teams should have some similarity in team naming. In Australia it's the name of the states(?) and in the WI it's the countries while in england there's the Counties. In Cw there's colours, Green, Red, Black, Blu and Colts?New colour that one but stranger things have happened.

Loony BoB

International Captain
Rose: Those aren't the team names (states, countries, counties) - those are the locations. They actually have other names. It's just like rugby and football - you may not know what the names are, but they're there. eg. not everyone in the world knows that Manchester United are the Red Devils, much like not everyone in the world knows that New Zealand's cricket team is actually called the Black Caps. I won't try to guess what T&T's cricket team name is, though. If we had major regions, it would make sense to name them after the regions, though - but there would still be another team name which is generally up to the team to decide. Hell, some teams could can keep colours if they want - eg. Queensland Reds.