• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Colin Croft - A Quick One From The Seventies

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Did a few stints of commentary out here on the radio in the early 2000s. Had some terrific insights.

Enjoyed this piece. Always thought him the meanest of the original foursome. Underrated.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Another worthy addition to an increasingly impressive oeuvre.

I'm just slightly too young to have seen him in his cups, but always came across as a chap who didn't suffer fools or mince words in his commentry stints.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Decent bowler and hard to play with his wide of the crease delivery and whirlwind action, but his selection ahead of Wayne Daniel was laughable.

SillyCowCorner1

He still does commentary...in the regional 4-day competition in games that the Guyana Jaguars are involved in...and I think he's contracted by ESPN Caribbean to work in the Super50

aussie tragic

International Captain
Decent bowler and hard to play with his wide of the crease delivery and whirlwind action, but his selection ahead of Wayne Daniel was laughable.
Huh? From the article "...with Michael Holding and Wayne Daniel both injured, Croft and Garner came into the side to join Andy Roberts and Vanburn Holder in a four man pace attack."

He then took 16 wkts in his first 2 tests which included an 8-29. Not very "laughable" for the batsmen ;)

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Huh? From the article "...with Michael Holding and Wayne Daniel both injured, Croft and Garner came into the side to join Andy Roberts and Vanburn Holder in a four man pace attack."

He then took 16 wkts in his first 2 tests which included an 8-29. Not very "laughable" for the batsmen ;)
I’m not talking about his debut selection specifically. Clive Lloyd continued not to want Daniel in the team. You can put as many “Huh?” and quote as many articles as you like, Croft was nowhere near as good a bowler as Daniel.

Burgey

I remember when Daniel played grade out here in the 80s. Wasn’t much fun.