• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Codemasters announce Ashes Cricket 2009

The Legend

Cricket Spectator
It's really great news. They are very positive with this new game. We can conclude that codemasters have overtaken EA.

Agent TBY

International Captain
It doesn't seem to have much replay value, with its very limited modes. Everything's riding on its actual gameplay.

BLC 99's Test Season mode is the best mode I've seen in a cricket game, shame it doesn't seem like its ever coming back.

Last edited:

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I'm also concerned about the replay value, however it does look promising. Considering there are no cricket games on PS3 it could be a very popular game.

The Legend

Cricket Spectator
This time they have really worked hard and who knows, they may overtake the position of EA's cricket? Just waiting for some more screenshots or a trailer.

andyc

Given that the last cricket game I played was RPIC 2005, this sounds promising:

New controls for batting and bowlers allowing you to play backfoot, frontfoot and charging down the pitch strokes. Bowling allows you to select a style, and then uses a gauge with four coloured zones for timing. Catches are quick-time events.
Hopefully you'll actually be able to play the sweep shot as well. Actually, as long as the computer stops knocking it down to deep fine leg and refusing to take the single, I'll be happy.

masterblaster

International Captain
Great news this. I'd love a good quality cricket game for my Xbox360. I'm not even too fussed about the fake players names, as long as the gameplay is good and there are some good features in the game that should be more than enough. Of course if they decide to include a player editor, then that would be just ideal.

The Legend

Cricket Spectator
All I can say is once you will play Ashes Cricket 2009, you will forget every cricket game you played. It's really going to be a very big game.

Great work from Transmission Studios. :)

duffer

Great news this. I'd love a good quality cricket game for my Xbox360. I'm not even too fussed about the fake players names, as long as the gameplay is good and there are some good features in the game that should be more than enough. Of course if they decide to include a player editor, then that would be just ideal.
When did you get a 360? Thought you were an original Xbox guy.

Looking forwards to this game, cricket and Formula 1 are the two glaring holes in my 360 collection so nice that I can fill this one. Hopefully they'll have online updates and patches for this game like NBA and Madden games do.

Shame it doesn't have a "career mode" like other games do, and hopefully there'll be a game with IPL mode somewhere down the line. There's only so many times you can play the Ashes or International teams before getting bored.

The Legend

Cricket Spectator
Shame it doesn't have a "career mode" like other games do, and hopefully there'll be a game with IPL mode somewhere down the line. There's only so many times you can play the Ashes or International teams before getting bored.
No IPL in this game but you can create your own custom tournaments.

jonny1408

School Boy/Girl Captain
Video of gameplay

If you watch this video of Ricky Ponting talking about the ashes and England team selection, this game is shown on the TV screen.

http://www.skysports.com/video/clips/0,23791,15856_5320997,00.html

Also if you notice at around 1.18 - 1.22 when the field throws the ball back in, the batsmen at the keepers end slides his bat in properly! Which is good seen as in 2007 they just plonked their bat in resulting in many frustrating run-outs!

I cannot wait for this game!

Last edited:

masterblaster

International Captain
When did you get a 360? Thought you were an original Xbox guy.

Looking forwards to this game, cricket and Formula 1 are the two glaring holes in my 360 collection so nice that I can fill this one. Hopefully they'll have online updates and patches for this game like NBA and Madden games do.

Got it a little while ago. I had been wanting an Xbox360 for the longest time and was pretty happy in the end to get one. Loving playing on it and at the moment I've just really been playing GTA 4 a lot and I've almost beat the game as well.

Been spending a lot on games at the moment, got Fifa 09, Top Spin 3, NBA Live 09, GTA 4, Prizefighter, Bourne Conspiracy in a short period of time. Haven't really spent all that much though as I've been lucky enough to get some absolute bargains on games from Ebay. Had a PS2 before this, which I still play but it has been gathering dust after I got the 360.

But yeah a career mode or something along those lines that can improve it's replay value would be great. Fifa 09 is awesome in that regard with Be A Pro, Manager Mode and Tournaments.

Last edited:

masterblaster

International Captain
From what I've read there is a player and team editor :)
That's great news!

Although in the past, cricket game developers have promised player and team editors but have not really delivered. Hopefully this game has a good player and team editor that fixes the issue of fake player names.

The Legend

Cricket Spectator
James is 100% right. There is a player editor which will allow you to edit Team names and player names. I fell there may be more features in it.

No problems with fake names now ;)