• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Codemasters announce Ashes Cricket 2009

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Enjoyed the two-player last night. There are obviously flaws (Anderson bowling at 75mph as TT Boy mentioned) but it's enjoyable to play and certainly does have a lot of realism to it, i.e. I found that when I bowled with Flintoff I was much more effective to lefties than right-handers. Maybe that was just psychological on my part though :ph34r:

One thing I did notice was that stumpings seemed to happen a little too easily (this was in my favour, so no harm done!), anyone else found this?

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Enjoyed the two-player last night. There are obviously flaws (Anderson bowling at 75mph as TT Boy mentioned) but it's enjoyable to play and certainly does have a lot of realism to it, i.e. I found that when I bowled with Flintoff I was much more effective to lefties than right-handers. Maybe that was just psychological on my part though :ph34r:

One thing I did notice was that stumpings seemed to happen a little too easily (this was in my favour, so no harm done!), anyone else found this?
Yeah. If you charge and miss it does take a lot of effort for the batsman to get back.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Yeah. If you charge and miss it does take a lot of effort for the batsman to get back.
Makes a nice change from the EA games mind you, the last of which I played it was nearly impossible to get stumped, the wicket keepers were just incredibly slow at reacting.

duffer

Played multiplayer at a mates house the other day. Was a lot better than the demo although the lengths you have to bowl for the game to consider it "good" are hilariously bad. That and the ability to play some ludicrous shots ruins it a tad for me but if enough of my mates with 360's end up getting it, won't be the worst option to get for Live. Would like to read how it plays online first though.

Hoggy31

International Captain
Saw on planetcricket they're gonna release a patch so will definately pick this up on PC tomorrow, anyone up for online tomorrow evening then?

duffer

A mate of mine managed to erm, acquire a couple of copies to this. Will post a review later tonight on how I found the full version.

Cheweydog

Cricket Spectator
btw dont judge the game on a DEMO lol not the full game

PC DVD out 2day in australia 8-)

cheers

i think PC the way to go when ppl start to MOD the game etc U can make every team look licenced & add local teams from your town :cool:

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Very pissed off... Pre-ordered my Xbox version of the game yesterday, it was delivered late yesterday afternoon but the disk was that badly damaged that it wouldnt work... now have to wait for the stupid company to get back to me before i can work out what to do in regards to a replacement..

duffer

I think the aggression levels and how often the AI can play ludicrous shots and get away with them is quite poor even in a Test match. Ridiculously difficult to set a field for. You can bowl it short, straight and into the rib cage and get driven for 6 apparently.

Needs a patch for 360 big time but the bare bones of a very good game are there. The T20 is very fun.

Last edited:

masterblaster

International Captain
I think the aggression levels and how often the AI can play ludicrous shots and get away with them is quite poor even in a Test match. Ridiculously difficult to set a field for. You can bowl it short, straight and into the rib cage and get driven for 6 apparently.

Needs a patch for 360 big time but the bare bones of a very good game are there. The T20 is very fun.
Do you think I should buy it? I would love a good cricket game for my Xbox360 but it is $79 at JB Hi Fi. From what you've played so far, is it worth shelling out $79?

duffer

If your playing mostly online or multiplayer then I guess it'd be okay. Offline is disastrous though unless you are playing T20.

If they bother to patch it then give it a go imo. Untill then there's so many other good games coming out later this year/early next year that I'd rather wait to spend too much on it.

masterblaster

International Captain
If your playing mostly online or multiplayer then I guess it'd be okay. Offline is disastrous though unless you are playing T20.

If they bother to patch it then give it a go imo. Untill then there's so many other good games coming out later this year/early next year that I'd rather wait to spend too much on it.
Thanks mate. I was leaning towards saving my money as well after hearing the mixed reviews. I will probably get it at some point in time but I think I'll wait until the price of the game drops. Cricket game prices tend to drop pretty quickly so I think I'll pick it up when the price drops.

Cheweydog

Cricket Spectator
PC DVD only $62

PC DVD version only $62 lol

online plays suxs abit BUT u gotta turn everything off while u play(like replays etc) & I found the PORT to open on Ashes 09 PC version TCP/UDP 9103 so I.ll try 2night online again BUT i am always waiting for the other person to catch up, there prob on adsl 512 or 256 I think u need 1500/256 or higher. I got 8000/384 so it should be enough to play in australa or NZ

& I played ashes on Normal & was alot harder, I wont go on hard until i get used to normal BUT easy is crap really just like RP07

cheers :cool: