• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CHICAGO - Anyone home !

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
No. Flying back on Sunday isn't a big deal. My son lives in Halsted North.
Awesome. By UIC?

EDIT: North Halsted is pretty vague. Do you have a zip code to share? My email is mamir23 at gmail dot com.

Last edited:

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
I am not there But have vistied chicago very often...so I can give you suggestions on where you can go to spend some time.

Lemme know if you need that!

PS: Chicago has the best desi food scene anywhere in US...the best!!!
Chicago's got nothing on Toronto tbh, in terms of desi food. You can argue that Toronto is not in the US, but it's hell of a lot closer to Chicago than most other major US cities.

Last edited:

Fusion

Global Moderator
As much as I hate to throw a compliment to NP's base city, the desi food that can be had on Chicago's Devon Street is as close to food that you can get back in Pakistan as possible (and I assume India, based on similar comments from Indian friends). You've got about 4 city blocks stretch of desi restuarants that offer all kinds of variety. One of my must stops in Chicago whenever I visit.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Chicago's got nothing on Toronto tbh, in terms of desi food. You can argue that Toronto is not in the US, but it's hell of a lot closer to Chicago than most other major US cities.
Oh common, Devon beats Gerrard hands down. Samosas of Tahooras are the best in the world.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Devon Samosas is equivalent to Sir Don Bradman in Cricket

Unless you are going to say that Sanotsh have that .0x edge, I don't think I need to try it.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Yeah I don't know much about the other cities in North America but Devon has always been up there in popular opinion and its only gotten better over the years. Sabri Nehari, Usmania, Tahoora are some of my favorites and that's not even including all the other places I've walked out of completely satisfied (strictly regarding food of course).

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Meeting up with a fellow poster was an absolute first for me and it was a pleasure to meet Usman (Nightprowler10) in Chicago today.

...and the food at Devon was very good :)

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Let me guess Usman is the guy in Black Shirt and Hat and SJS is the other hairy guy ?

Well Done to both of you and thanks for posting the picture.

Craig

World Traveller
As much as I hate to throw a compliment to NP's base city, the desi food that can be had on Chicago's Devon Street is as close to food that you can get back in Pakistan as possible (and I assume India, based on similar comments from Indian friends). You've got about 4 city blocks stretch of desi restuarants that offer all kinds of variety. One of my must stops in Chicago whenever I visit.
Desi food = food from Pakistan?

If so, this just reminds me of the Seinfeld episode when Jerry convinces Babu to turn his restaurant into a Pakistani restaurant.