• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cheating

sanga1337

U19 Captain
no.......... no ...... even the commentator confirms its a dropped catch plus u can see the ball pop right out and steve waugh gethering his arms around i gues to catch the ball again or i gues jus to hide the view of it cuz it jus falls right on the ground
Did you actually listen properly during the video? No where in the video does he state it as a dropped catch. He just states he can understand why Brain Lara is unsure of weather the ball carried, he then states it as very difficult to tell, but since Waugh claimed the catch its a catch and got on with it.

Unattainableguy

State 12th Man
Did you actually listen properly during the video? No where in the video does he state it as a dropped catch. He just states he can understand why Brain Lara is unsure of weather the ball carried, he then states it as very difficult to tell, but since Waugh claimed the catch its a catch and got on with it.
yes he does, "right to steve waugh, bounces out once, he grabs at it again( meaning off the ground :laugh: )"

archie mac

International Coach
darrel hair esp when hes so expected to be neutral with his decisions so i think its worse than a player himself doing the cheating but then i dont kno if he cheated or if hes just biased against pak team :laugh:

gilchrist also using squash ball is right up there esp since it was a wc final and he knew he was going to get unfair advantage so he decided to do it in a big game else why would he not have done it in the previous games if he thot it was all fair

and this by michael slater not to mention he had the courage to say words to dravid for standing his ground when he didnt even catch it cleanly :laugh: lmao hahaha http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=ufnq8w-iqtI
Read Gilly's book, he had used the squash ball in his glove on other occasions, the SL team had no problem with it, anyone is allowed to use it8-)

did u even click on the link ?
I did, but did not really need to, I watched it at the time, and watched it replayed many times on the news, and on a much bigger tele with much better footage, you could still not tell, and if you can find me one other occasion where SRW claimed a catch that was not out then you might have some credibility8-)

Unattainableguy

State 12th Man
You ever seen Ross Taylor catch? Grabbing at it again means he moved his hand to grab it again. No way does that imply it touched the ground.
i kno but i think thats wut michael holding was implying plus he also said i can see why brian lara looked behind or somethin like that

Unattainableguy

State 12th Man
Read Gilly's book, he had used the squash ball in his glove on other occasions, the SL team had no problem with it, anyone is allowed to use it8-)

I did, but did not really need to, I watched it at the time, and watched it replayed many times on the news, and on a much bigger tele with much better footage, you could still not tell, and if you can find me one other occasion where SRW claimed a catch that was not out then you might have some credibility8-)
i dont kno ive seen it so many times now and every time ive seen the ball fallin on the ground he tries to catch it but he only recollects it when its on the ground

Unattainableguy

State 12th Man
Oh well, you are entitled to your opinion:)

Even if it is not based on any facts:laugh:
how is it just my opinion if i clearly see the ball fall out of his hands? so ofcourse then its based on facts, it just means i have sharp eyesight but it shud be visible anywa but its other thing if u dont wana fess up hahaha

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
darrel hair esp when hes so expected to be neutral with his decisions so i think its worse than a player himself doing the cheating but then i dont kno if he cheated or if hes just biased against pak team :laugh:
No-one will ever know if either or neither of those are true. There is absolutely no way we can say with great confidence that Darrell Hair was biased against Pakistan (or Sri Lanka for that matter). It's possible he may have been, and certainly he gave both sides legitimate reason to believe he was, and I don't blame players from either for believing such a thing to be true.

But there is no way we can say that he is beyond doubt, as some Pakistan fans like to think we can.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Your posting Laugh smilies in near enough every post the last 12 hours has plenty and plenty wrong with it.