• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Caribbean Premier League 2017

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Man, Beaton looks really good when he hits that good length. ..catching the batsman on two minds. The pace is impressive from this guy

_Ed_

Don't know if I've ever seen an innings as slow as Carter's in T20 cricket.

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
Excellent tournament, I really enjoyed it. It was great to see a lot of youngsters getting a chance this year. My highlight was the fast bowling on display.

Ronsford Beaton 152kph
Oshane Thomas 151kph
Odean Smith 149kph
Sheldon Cotterel 148kph
Jerome Taylor 146kph

It's important those top 3 get playing FC cricket, alongside Reynard Leveridge who I suspect is the fastest of the lot. Jamaica could and should have an insanely quick attack this year.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Wow, it would have to be a good couple of years since Taylor was last up in the mid 140's. I too was impressed by a few of the young pacers on display though.

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
Wow, it would have to be a good couple of years since Taylor was last up in the mid 140's. I too was impressed by a few of the young pacers on display though.
He is still pretty quick in short bursts but he can't sustain it for very long. I reckon in FC cricket he would be back in the 130s.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Couldnt locate a 2018 thread, but that was some performance from Dre Russ today.

A hatty and 121* not out off 49 inc 13 6s. Wow

_Ed_

Unbelievable! I stopped watching when they were 41-5 chasing 223. I'm going to have to find some highlights.

Jack1

International Debutant
Unbelievable! I stopped watching when they were 41-5 chasing 223. I'm going to have to find some highlights.
Next level beast mode from Russell. Dude is unreal. 13 sixes.

I had to come back to post about this

41-5 off 6.1 chasing 224

183 to win off 13.5...asking rate over 13..the Trinidad bowling attack is good too ..this for me is the greatest ever innings in domestic t20 chasing

he took a hat-trick too with the ball..and took a catch..all whilst being captain..greatest ever domestic individual t20 performance for me possibly

Last edited:

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Looks like Warner fell to an all time bad umpiring decision against Guyana. Not only was it missing off, it hit his gloves rather than his pads.

Also looks like Lamichhane exploited Lynn's weakness very well in the ongoing game.

_Ed_

How was Brathwaite not MOTM in today's game?

Thomas did well with his 58 (34), but Brathwaite got 41 (15) with five sixes, then 4-1-19-2.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Is T&T going to be one of these theoretically strong lineups that consistently underperforms like the Melbourne Stars?

Jack1

International Debutant
How was Brathwaite not MOTM in today's game?

Thomas did well with his 58 (34), but Brathwaite got 41 (15) with five sixes, then 4-1-19-2.

I'm assuming Thomas got it as Brathwaite has had big money in the IPL already and the glory of the WC win bashing Stokes in the last over. Thomas is a career pro. In that sense it's probably a sensible decision. I understand that's slightly controversial. But as anchored the innings at a decent lick in the game context (SR) I suppose they decided to let him have it.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Interesting to see Shai Hope finding another gear, I always largely thought of him as an elegant but fairly traditional batsman