• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Caribbean Premier League 2013

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Pollard and Malik were both terrific. I thought Shillingford bowled well, apart from that legside wide which went for 5 runs. Some of the throws were pretty poor but as far as T20 goes, that was an enjoyable first innings. I think 169 will be too many, but hope not ZOUKS

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Gee this opening bat for the ZOUKS is piss poor. Not Tamim, the other kid, Andre Fletcher.

Raghav

International Vice-Captain
Gee this opening bat for the ZOUKS is piss poor. Not Tamim, the other kid, Andre Fletcher.
He is a hit & go type.. that will be earn him a place in T20. But, he is not that bad either than some of the intl NZ openers..

Last edited:

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
After he got caught off that no-ball that actually wasn't he has been fine because he has actually tried to smash the ball. At the start those, walking with the shot guides to the off side were terrible.

Big wicket there.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Amazon Warriors are doing nicely in tonights game. Anyone watching? WindieWeathers?

Raghav

International Vice-Captain
I woke up early morning at 4:30 to watch today's game. Good score by Guyana. Time for Santokie and Perumal to show their skills with the ball..

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Yeah decent total in the end, that last over which went for 21 helped as I thought before that, they were below par. Now its even. I'm going for T&T but lately whoever I watch a domestic T20 match, I pick the wrong team.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I think West Indies may have just unearthed a new short format keeper batsman in Nicolas Pooran. Just 17 years of age, hero is Gilchrist.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Haha, maybe if your bowler/fan of Guyana. When Pooran was still in T&T still had a chance. I liked the kid when he was on about 15, but he ended up with 54 from 24 balls - pretty sensational knock on debut.

ajdude

International Coach
i was being sarcastic

i don't mind the timeslot tbh, something to watch when i wake up

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
i was being sarcastic

i don't mind the timeslot tbh, something to watch when i wake up
Yeah I thought you were, because it was more exciting just before the last couple of overs with all the sixers being hit. 20th over maiden ffs, c'mon mate.

Yeah the timeslot has been perfect for me the past couple of days too. I could get used to this not working thing.

ajdude

International Coach
yeah the first delivery i saw was that run out, the next one was the slog off the slower ball. disgusting stuff

mmm well i'd be watching it tomorrow morning because i don't have uni but you know, there's cricket to be watched tonight

Howe_zat

Audio File
This tournament must be the first time the marketing has obviously taken me in, some of these team names are just too good to ignore. Hawksbills would be the best name in any other league and it's maybe the fourth best here.

Also my favourite fact about this is that the coaches are Viv Richards, Desmond Haynes, Roger Harper, Gordon Greenidge, Andy Roberts and Paul Nixon. That is sodding brilliant.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
i just finished watching the match. All 3 games have went a similar way. Team batting first posts a competitive total, team batting second is too cautious in the middle overs and leaves themselves too much work to do.

smash84

The Tiger King
just looked up the team squads....some pretty big names of the past are playing......was surprised to see Ponting, Muralitharan, Gibbs etc to be featuring in the CPL....how much are the players being paid?

And wow the coaches do sound so cool :)