• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Can you beat for the cricket guru title?

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
The Baconator said:
OK then

What is the lowest score not to be made in First-Class cricket?
Hmmm...difficult one, I would think it would be a really low score or a really high score, probably the former.

1? :D

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
burkey_1988 said:
so we assume it is individual?
By the looks of things, yes.

The lowest score never scored in tests is 229 I think, no idea regarding first class matches.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Somerset said:
By the looks of things, yes.

The lowest score never scored in tests is 229 I think, no idea regarding first class matches.
If it is above 300 , it is 303 :sleep:

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
From http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/sports_talk/stump_bearders/3230029.stm I don't know how reliable it is though

Dr RBJT Allenby, A Lancastrian in Yorkshire

I presume you noticed that Murray Goodwin's recent 335* was (at least if I've read my Wisden correctly) the FIRST EVER individual score of 335 in first-class cricket. What is the lowest individual score NEVER scored in first-class cricket?

Goodwin is the first to score 335. The lowest first-class scores still to be recorded are 289, 326, 327, 328 and 330.

So is the answer 289?

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
burkey_1988 said:
From http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/sports_talk/stump_bearders/3230029.stm I don't know how reliable it is though

Dr RBJT Allenby, A Lancastrian in Yorkshire

I presume you noticed that Murray Goodwin's recent 335* was (at least if I've read my Wisden correctly) the FIRST EVER individual score of 335 in first-class cricket. What is the lowest individual score NEVER scored in first-class cricket?

Goodwin is the first to score 335. The lowest first-class scores still to be recorded are 289, 326, 327, 328 and 330.

So is the answer 289?
Yes that is correct, so are the other scores. I made a mistake in sorting the triple centuries. The not out innings did not get sorted due to the asterix :)

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Burkey you may post next question, while awaiting the Baconator to come back and confirm answer !!

Bookie

U19 12th Man
Run out in a test for 99?

Being at the crease on all five days (one time or another)

Opening batting and bowling in the same match?

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
Bookie said:
Run out in a test for 99?

Being at the crease on all five days (one time or another)

Opening batting and bowling in the same match?
He did all these things, but none of them are records ... bad luck, Books