• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Can anybody finds this astonishing.....

nikhil1772

State Vice-Captain
This suggestion of dropping Tendulkar from the Indian team is so pathetic,
I wonder what Shane Warne would have said if was to post on this thread...
Any ideas?

warrioryohannan

U19 Cricketer
nikhil1772 said:
This suggestion of dropping Tendulkar from the Indian team is so pathetic,
I wonder what Shane Warne would have said if was to post on this thread...
Any ideas?
Doesn't matter as to what Shane Warne or Akram has to say about Sachin, what matters is Sachin's current form and unfortunately its not good since sometime now.

If Sachin continue to perform poorly then i think the selectors will be forced with no other option but to drop Sachin from the team.This is something i wouldn't like to see and hope it never happens, but i can tell one thing that with every match the pressure is building on Sachin.

masterblaster

International Captain
I don't think anybody will have the balls to drop him when he's averaging 56 in test cricket.

Every batsman goes through a lean patch, this just happens to be Sachin's first.

Cut him some slack and give him a break.

JustTool

State 12th Man
Tendulkar needs to focus, not just 80% as he currently is, but 100% on his restaurant, apparel and endorsement businesses. He should retire now or focus more on cricket and less on making money. He has just completely lost it in the last few years and even with a life he still couldn't get past 20 against a benign bowling attack.

Cannot believe these guys milk the Indian populace as they do even when they consistently don't produce - and, Tendulkar leads the pack followed by Ganguly. :@

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
masterblaster said:
Every batsman goes through a lean patch, this just happens to be Sachin's first.
But the question is when does a lean patch cease to be a lean patch and become a case of the years overtaking him?

Swervy

International Captain
masterblaster said:
I don't think anybody will have the balls to drop him when he's averaging 56 in test cricket.

Cut him some slack and give him a break.
how much slack needs to be cut for him though...2 years is a long slump...

maybe giving him a break is the answer though :D

biased indian

International Coach
Swervy said:
how much slack needs to be cut for him though...2 years is a long slump...

maybe giving him a break is the answer though :D
instead of the the best will be if u could take a break?? u r out of form with u r posting sense :)

Swervy

International Captain
biased indian said:
instead of the the best will be if u could take a break?? u r out of form with u r posting sense :)
not the best time to post a non-sentence (when questioning someone elses posts!!!!)

You see, pretty much everyone is avoiding the question I am asking..How long can the selectors continue with Tendulkar if he continues this run of form???

If he continues with it for the next 5 years,will that be reasonable for you..how about 10 years..or how about 6 months or see how he fares in the next couple of series...Someone please answer the question

viktor

State Vice-Captain
till he gets back into form or till he retires. he is intelligent enough to quit if he realizes that he can't get back into form

Swervy

International Captain
viktor said:
till he gets back into form or till he retires. he is intelligent enough to quit if he realizes that he can't get back into form
so what you are actually saying performances like this are acceptable to the Indian selectors for however long they last..so in 3 years time if he continues to be playing like this..it will be ok to still select him.

Got to say, i am baffled at some peoples attitude of 'screw the future of the Indian test team' on this one.

tooextracool

International Coach
2 years of poor performances and people are still reluctant to sack tendulkar, 2 series of poor performances is all that it took to sack the best ODI player ever - bevan. of course in that case we could all assume that bevan was past it......

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
marc71178 said:
But the question is when does a lean patch cease to be a lean patch and become a case of the years overtaking him?
I think that decision should be left on Tendulkar and no one else. If he believes he has cricket left in him which would serve the team, whatever other people speak about even THINKING of dropping him is rubbish.

Leave the great man alone people.

Swervy

International Captain
Pratyush said:
I think that decision should be left on Tendulkar and no one else. If he believes he has cricket left in him which would serve the team, whatever other people speak about even THINKING of dropping him is rubbish.

Leave the great man alone people.
so tendulkar dictates team selection now does he.

you still havent answered the question..HOW LONG CAN IT CONTINUE BEFORE HE WILL BE DROPPED IF THE PERFORMANCES DONT IMPROVE??

Just answer the question...would you want him in the team in 5 years time, if his form continued the way it is or has been for the last 2 years????

If you want your team to succeed, then I think there is only one answer to that.....and thats NO

If you love Tendulkar more than the team, then I guess you would want him in whatever the circumstances, which to me is pretty sad

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Swervy said:
so tendulkar dictates team selection now does he.

you still havent answered the question..HOW LONG CAN IT CONTINUE BEFORE HE WILL BE DROPPED IF THE PERFORMANCES DONT IMPROVE??

Just answer the question...would you want him in the team in 5 years time, if his form continued the way it is or has been for the last 2 years????

If you want your team to succeed, then I think there is only one answer to that.....and thats NO

If you love Tendulkar more than the team, then I guess you would want him in whatever the circumstances, which to me is pretty sad
I answered this question of yours pretty clearly much earlier.

Pratyush said:
If Tendulkar cant play for a year (cos of his injury - I dont know how bad they are), he will himself retire and that will be very sad for world cricket that his career would be cut short by a few years. Forger the thought of him being DROPPED.

Apart from that, I dont see any way the form in tests will go for a year. The guy knows to play cricket the way we know to walk, talk etc.

Either you are being too harsh on Tendulkar or very pessimistic.
And then you bring in personal accuasations as if I want Tendulkar to succeed and not the team. Read what I wrote.

Tendulkar wouldnt dictate selection. He has earned his right by sheer performances and he cant just forget how to bat. Bowlers (specially pacers) some times go down hill very early in their 30s. Batsmen usually dont and there is no reason to assume Tendulkar has completely lost it and will fail. He has scored some innings of some degree (200/190 some thing) which shows he has the talent left in him (cos you need the proving still after seeing him for 15 years).

And he is not as old as Richards who is in his 40s and 50s which was a stupid arguement again.

If he cant play for a year he would call it quits.

And that would be really sad for international cricket.

Swervy

International Captain
Pratyush said:
I answered this question of yours pretty clearly much earlier.

And then you bring in personal accuasations as if I want Tendulkar to succeed and not the team. Read what I wrote.

Tendulkar wouldnt dictate selection. He has earned his right by sheer performances and he cant just forget how to bat. Bowlers (specially pacers) some times go down hill very early in their 30s. Batsmen usually dont and there is no reason to assume Tendulkar has completely lost it and will fail. He has scored some innings of some degree (200/190 some thing) which shows he has the talent left in him (cos you need the proving still after seeing him for 15 years).

And he is not as old as Richards who is in his 40s and 50s which was a stupid arguement again.

If he cant play for a year he would call it quits.

And that would be really sad for international cricket.
so if he didnt retire, and he continued in similar form, you would be happy to have him in the team for another 5 years..or even another two...if he was still struggling like he obviously is??????

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Swervy said:
so if he didnt retire, and he continued in similar form, you would be happy to have him in the team for another 5 years..or even another two...if he was still struggling like he obviously is??????
Did I say that?

That would apply to every other player. If a player cant make runs for a long period of time, he would be dropped. That goes without saying! But to suggest he would, considering he has been the most consistent batsman in the last 15 years and has made some big runs, I doubt it ever happening. He cant just forget to play cricket.

Swervy

International Captain
Pratyush said:
Did I say that?

That would apply to every other player. If a player cant make runs for a long period of time, he would be dropped. That goes without saying! But to suggest he would, considering he has been the most consistent batsman in the last 15 years and has made some big runs, I doubt it ever happening. He cant just forget to play cricket.
so how long would you want to see the great man in the team for if he continued failing