• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CA XI vs England

brockley

International Captain
Australias' ultimate revenge,they will play the same team for Englands' next game,minus Tim Paine who will play for Tassie.
The same top 5,this is a joke,they are unpreparing England with the worst of our worst batsmen.:laugh:

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
England side all but confirmed for the first test assuming no more injuries. Cook, Stoneman, Vince, Root, Malan, Bairstow, Ali, Woakes, Overton, Broad, Anderson

Ballance not selected for last two warmup games so Vince and Malan will play.
T Curran and Ball not playing last warmup game so haven't had any/enough cricket, leaves Overton as the only choice as last seamer.

Crane playing all 3 warmup games suggests that Bayliss won't be able to resist throwing him in at some point.

S.Kennedy

The Vince thing is crazy. I cannot get my head around it, dropping a guy because his test form is shocking - fair enough - only to select him at virtually random following a bad championship form!

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
First time in decades I can say an England side has arrived with five players likely to play who I’ve never seen before

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
I have never seen Mason Crane bowl an over without at least one rank half tracker in it, lacklustre stuff. Surely there are much better spinners at county level?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
I have never seen Mason Crane bowl an over without at least one rank half tracker in it, lacklustre stuff. Surely there are much better spinners at county level?
To be fair, I think only one English person on here was calling for his selection, the rest of us were very much against it.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Well there goes Cook. At least he's got some runs before the first test. Might get another knock if they can get rid of the CA XI quick enough in the second innings.

Daemon

Finally a ton from Stoneman. Close to 300 runs for him on the tour already.

Compton

International Debutant
I’m honestly flabbergasted that Vince is back in the fold. He hasn’t even scored runs since he was last dropped.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Obviously the standard of these games being **** and conditions not exactly being like the Gabba isn't ideal, but the batsmen getting time in the middle is still important. I remember in 2012 India deliberately gave us green pitches in the tour games and didn't play many spinners. The bonus was all the batsmen got at least a couple of good scores. Sometimes the worst preparation can be facing high level teams and getting roundly flogged before the 1st test has even begun.

Daemon

Obviously the standard of these games being **** and conditions not exactly being like the Gabba isn't ideal, but the batsmen getting time in the middle is still important. I remember in 2012 India deliberately gave us green pitches in the tour games and didn't play many spinners. The bonus was all the batsmen got at least a couple of good scores. Sometimes the worst preparation can be facing high level teams and getting roundly flogged before the 1st test has even begun.
That was so annoying. iirc Mishra got a 5-fer in the first innings of one of the games, then wasn't allowed to bowl in the second.

stephen

Matt Short has looked the goods in these warm-ups. Done the business with both bat and ball. Probably will be due a state gig once all the test players are out.

Gnske

Matt Short has looked the goods in these warm-ups. Done the business with both bat and ball. Probably will be due a state gig once all the test players are out.
He looked pretty good in the one day cup too, liking the cut of his new jib.

Did anyone see that drop from Stoneman this morning? Good omen

S.Kennedy

Looks like the English bowlers have been **** again. The Aussie XI batsmen now have 7 wickets left to amass a second innings lead. Although, with only one day left it will probably be a draw.

Last edited: