• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Brett Lee vs Allan Donald

Who was the better fast bowler

• Brett Lee

Votes: 8 16.3%
  • Allan Donald

Votes: 41 83.7%

• Total voters

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
McGrath would get absolutely pumped by modern ODI/T20 teams. It's 90mph or leg spin... everyone else recieves throbbing ****.
He did okay in the 2007 WC cup though, which occurred in a post 434 game world

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Always used to surprise me how middling Aussie ODI bowlers like Bichel, Tait, Hogg, Bracken etc. would suddenly turn into demons when they got to the World Cup.

OK, not Bracken, but you get the point.

mr_mister

Always used to surprise me how middling Aussie ODI bowlers like Bichel, Tait, Hogg, Bracken etc. would suddenly turn into demons when they got to the World Cup.

OK, not Bracken, but you get the point.
Replace Bracken with Harvey ha.

Cow

Banned
The 434 game was a stand alone freak game. These days you'll have 30+ ODI games with 350+ scores a year. This world cup will have multiple 400+ games, maybe even a 500 vs a minnow

mr_mister

The 434 game was a stand alone freak game. These days you'll have 30+ ODI games with 350+ scores a year. This world cup will have multiple 400+ games, maybe even a 500 vs a minnow
I wouldn't go that far. I'd say it was more the beginning of a new era. 2007 WC saw 6 sixes in an over as well as probably at least ten 330+ totals including a 400 by India

It's not the same as these days Ill grant you but it wasn't 90s cricket either. and then factor McGrath was also playing his 4th WC and in the twilight of his career anyway so his domination was extra impressive. I'd say he'd have done okay in 2019 but wel never know

Last edited:

Starfighter

Haze does plenty well at ODIs (although he prefers drifting half volleys onto the pads as of recently) without bowling any exceptional pace. Boult as well rarely hits his maximum pace.

Last edited:

Cow

Banned
Rash and Mo are Englands best bowlers. It's spin or 90mph.

It's like a Tolkien novel... dark vs light... good vs evil.. there is no inbetween.

Starfighter

It takes a very cursory look at the highest ranked bowlers currently to figure out you don't need express pace but when you're thick I suppose even that's too hard.

Cow

Banned
It takes a very cursory look at the highest ranked bowlers currently to figure out you don't need express pace but when you're thick I suppose even that's too hard.
70% of the top 10 are made up of spinners or 90mph bowlers.

So feck off.

Starfighter

70% of the top 10 are made up of spinners or 90mph bowlers.

So feck off.
Boult is not a 90 mph bowler, Rabada has generally been high 130s-low 140s for the past two years and only occasionally faster, Fizz barely breaks 133 these days and I've already mentioned Hazelwood. I wouldn't even say Bumrah is consistently that pace. Then we have the very fast-medium Woakes at 12, Hasan Ali's mid-high 130s at 14, Steyn's highly variable speed at 16, Bhuvi's unintimidating-ness at 17. As a matter of fact Starc, consistently the fastest of all named, is only next at 18. It's not hard to figure this out. Good job at avoiding the swear filter too wise guy.

Cow

Banned
Bumrah and Rabada clearly have it in them to up the pace. Starc won u a world cup on his own.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah but they don't operate at full throttle 100% of the time, there is a lot more to contemporary ODI fast bowling. Pace can be your friend, pace can be your enemy

Starfighter

Bumrah and Rabada clearly have it in them to up the pace. Starc won u a world cup on his own.
Aside from the fact you completely ignored what I said about Rabada that's a ridiculously simplistic view.

And it's not avoiding a swear filter if said word is equally as used as the filtered one
No one here spells **** with an 'e' other than you.