• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Brett Lee vs Allan Donald

Who was the better fast bowler

• Brett Lee

Votes: 8 16.3%
  • Allan Donald

Votes: 41 83.7%

• Total voters

slippy888

International Captain
Never forget Lee bowling spell 2nd innings 4th test match against England it was one of the most hostile bowling spells

Last edited:

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Mate I watched the whole 2005 Ashes and Lee was completely garbage the whole time. Bouncer- Yorker the whole time. Shouldn't have been on tour given Bichel was rotting in the shield.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Mate I watched the whole 2005 Ashes and Lee was completely garbage the whole time. Bouncer- Yorker the whole time. Shouldn't have been on tour given Bichel was rotting in the shield.
Didn't they play Shaun Tait for a game too because of a few injuries and he was even worse?

the big bambino

International Captain
The 434 game was a stand alone freak game. These days you'll have 30+ ODI games with 350+ scores a year. This world cup will have multiple 400+ games, maybe even a 500 vs a minnow
Is that against all those fast bowlers and leg spinners?

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Didn't they play Shaun Tait for a game too because of a few injuries and he was even worse?
Yes, and it's a travesty Bichel wasn't in the squad. I mean what use is bringing a swing bowler to England anyway? They never pick up wickets.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Nope he wasn't. It's this Cow here that is the one who copped a ban for 9 months or so

EDIT: Six months it was

Last edited:

Travelling C Circus

Cricket Spectator
Lee could've been far better if handled the right way. Guy lacked absolutely nothing, had an action as grooved and rhythmic as Donald, certainly was 5-10 clicks faster than even prime-Donald, could move the ball prodigiously. If I remember right, Donald was fairly erratic until '93 or so too, but all those years honing his craft on the first class scene eventually paid off.
Hey mate. I'm not sure how much of Brett Lee you have watched but he was the type of bowler that decent batsmen (or batters) loved to face. He was generally either pitching too short or too full and because of that he went for regular boundaries. Tail enders he feasted on mainly.
Mitchell was a far more intimidating bowler even though his KPH ave wasn't as high.
I would also take "White Lightning" over Lee every day of the week.

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Hey mate. I'm not sure how much of Brett Lee you have watched but he was the type of bowler that decent batsmen (or batters) loved to face. He was generally either pitching too short or too full and because of that he went for regular boundaries. Tail enders he feasted on mainly.
Mitchell was a far more intimidating bowler even though his KPH ave wasn't as high.
I would also take "White Lightning" over Lee every day of the week.
Yeah everything Arachno said could also be said of Sami