• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Bradmanesque Stats

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
I dont know what this means but these stats are crazy.

In their last 10 test wins-
Inzamam Averages- 104.63
Dravid Averages- 104.08

In their last 20 test wins-
Kallis Averages- 92.14
Dravid Average- 90.66
Inzamam Averages- 89.75

When these guys are good they are great and win games for the team.

open365

International Vice-Captain
Which is another way of saying they don't do enough to save there team from certain defeat?

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
open365 said:
Which is another way of saying they don't do enough to save there team from certain defeat?
Isn't "saving their team from certain defeat" a contradiction in terms?

/Yes, Eddie. I do believe it is.

open365

International Vice-Captain
Goughy said:
A bit harsh, dont you think?
Yes. Yes i do.

Inzamam is one of my favourite players, but i think people should see the flip side of statistics.

Fusion

Global Moderator
open365 said:
Yes. Yes i do.

Inzamam is one of my favourite players, but i think people should see the flip side of statistics.
I think the flip side is that they can't win ALL matches for their teams. Someone else must pull their weights from time to time. It doesn't detract from the point that when they're good, their teams almost always win. Inzi has carried Pakistan on his back on more occasions than I remember.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Goughy said:
I dont know what this means but these stats are crazy.

In their last 10 test wins-
Inzamam Averages- 104.63
Dravid Averages- 104.08

In their last 20 test wins-
Kallis Averages- 92.14
Dravid Average- 90.66
Inzamam Averages- 89.75

When these guys are good they are great and win games for the team.
Kallis last 20 tests: 62.96
Dravid last 20 tests: 59.7
Inzamam last 20 tests: 60.1

that says that these guys play a major part when their teams win. when they dont play such a major part the team doesn't go quite so well

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Bradman in innings wins: 166.91
Bradman in wins: 130.08
Bradman in draws: 111.90
Bradman in losses: 43.27
Bradman in innings losses: 32.75

Conclusion: when he doesn't play such a major part the team doesn't go quite so well.. right, Garvs?

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
age_master said:
Kallis last 20 tests: 62.96
Dravid last 20 tests: 59.7
Inzamam last 20 tests: 60.1

that says that these guys play a major part when their teams win. when they dont play such a major part the team doesn't go quite so well
Whoa, we do live in crazy times!
Never did I think I would see the day when averages of 60 and above are used to highlight weaknesses in players.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Neil Pickup said:
Bradman in innings wins: 166.91
Bradman in wins: 130.08
Bradman in draws: 111.90
Bradman in losses: 43.27
Bradman in innings losses: 32.75

Conclusion: when he doesn't play such a major part the team doesn't go quite so well.. right, Garvs?
That is one for the SJS stats factory. IT obviously proves that Bradman is a CHOKER. ;)

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
An average of 43 in losses is still pretty damn good. It would probably be the best ever, though Lara might give it a push.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
FaaipDeOiad said:
An average of 43 in losses is still pretty damn good. It would probably be the best ever, though Lara might give it a push.
So obviously Lara > Bradman. :p Like I said, the SJS stats factory should remember these things. :)

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Andy Flower i think has the best.

EDIT:
1. Bradman 43.27
2. Flower 43.07
3. Lara 42.05

Probably someone else who is there and there abouts.

Last edited: