• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Bowling and batting lineups

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Pakistan, West Indies and maybe Bangladesh have the most bog ordinary bowling lineups in the world cup. Expect them to be thrashed. Bowling has always been the difference maker, particularly in knockout matches. England are uninspiring but alright. They have 6 bowling options which is good. Australia do not. Their fifth bowler will likely be a combo of Stoinis and Maxwell. Expect that to thrashed into oblivion. Patto, Starc and Zampa are quality though. SA and India obviously the most varied attacks.

England lead on batting obviously. Question is, who will concede the highest score of the tournament? Will there be double centuries?

trundler

Forgot all about them lmao. They look pretty toothless. **** me, of all the Asian countries India have the strongest bowling lineup. Only strong bowling attack in fact.

vcs

India will likely have one game where all the bowlers collectively **** themselves, costing them dearly. Most likely a knockout match.

Zinzan

India will likely have one game where all the bowlers collectively **** themselves, costing them dearly. Most likely a knockout match.
You could say the same about any team.

I'm picking England to have an off-day with the bat where they're too arrogant/confident about their deep batting lineup to consolidate after losing a few early, only to get rolled cheaply in a knockout.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Batting: Eng>Ind>SA>Aus>WI>Pak>NZ>Bang>SL>Afg

Bowling: SA>Aus>NZ>Ind>Pak>Bang>Eng>Afg>WI>SL

Bolded parts are too close to call imo.

Last edited:

FBU

International Debutant
Hoping my favourite bowling line up will win the WC. Steyn, Rabada, Ngidi, Tahir.
Steyn missing first 2 games though.

h_hurricane

International Vice-Captain
Pakistan, West Indies and maybe Bangladesh have the most bog ordinary bowling lineups in the world cup. Expect them to be thrashed. Bowling has always been the difference maker, particularly in knockout matches. England are uninspiring but alright. They have 6 bowling options which is good. Australia do not. Their fifth bowler will likely be a combo of Stoinis and Maxwell. Expect that to thrashed into oblivion. Patto, Starc and Zampa are quality though. SA and India obviously the most varied attacks.

England lead on batting obviously. Question is, who will concede the highest score of the tournament? Will there be double centuries?
Tbh, if the weaker teams regularly get an opportunity to bat first, big totals are not bound to happen. England batting first against Bangladesh or SL would be interesting.

trundler

Holy ****. I didn't have internet for two days and I am pleasantly surprised by the cricket. 105 ****ing hell. 136 ****ing hell. I'm pissed I missed it but goddamn I'm excited