• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Border Gavaskar 2020/21 Series Awards

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Best innings: Rahane at Melbourne stands head and shoulders above the rest here for turning the series around. Top 10 Indian innings of all time.

Best bowling spell: Hazelwood 5 fer at Adelaide. Couldve taken all 10 if Cummins wasnt at the other end, honestly

Best partnership: The Vihari/Ashwin one was the ballsiest by a distance so gets my vote despite tough competition

Best passage of play: Brisbane day 5, after a few quiet overs after the agarwal wicket, the equation is now 49 needed in 44 and I was beginning to think they might just block out the overs now. And then Sundar and Pant (with some assistance from Extras) get 25 in 8 balls.

Worst commentary moment/sequence: Well **** me this isn't easy, but thinking back over the course of the series, Warne saying Ishant Sharma wouldnt walk back into the Indian team ahead of Saini and Tyagi wasnt the most most obnoxious or ****ty moment but most definitely the dumbest.

Most wholesome moment: Siraj looking on the verge of tears after his 5fer

Most alpha moment: Shardul opening his test career by hooking Cummins for six, easy peasy

Dumbest non-controversy : **** me there were a few here, but the Smith guard scratch and India's dastardly tactic of faking a Pant injury are tied

Best forum feud: GoodAreasShane vs trundler

Best new meme: #QuickSingles

(kindly feel free to add categories if required)

h_hurricane

International Vice-Captain
Verbal conversation of the series : Paine vs Ashwin

Disappointment of the series : Prithwi Shaw (I am sure though that he will be back), David Warner (was expected to bully us even though he was coming back from injury)

Alpha moment of the series : Sundar hitting that six of Lyon without looking at the ball

Dumbest moment of the series : Mayank knocking Shardul on the shoulder after the latter took one of his many wickets. Brainless **** didn't realize that we needed that shoulder for some more magic.

Last edited:

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Alpha moment was also Pant charging down to Lyon to hit a SIX against the turn right after a ball turned square and landed into slip's hands.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
daily reminder that you got this wrong
Daily reminder that Head > Wade definitely the best new meme. **** OS and his ****ty opinions about quick singles. What next, a #hottake that 100s should count as 50s too?

Athlai

Not Terrible
Best innings: Pant in 4th innings at the Gabba

Best passage of play: Brisbane day 5,

Worst commentary moment/sequence: Warne implying spotfixing

Most wholesome moment: When Paine's career ended and Ashwin roasted him via twitter

Most alpha moment: Pujara showing intent

Dumbest non-controversy : Is Burgey Racist?!?

Best forum feud: GoodAreasShane vs trundler

Best new meme: Hoggpiling / laying atop a person and squeezing their guts out their asshole

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Warne suggesting spot fixing was easily the worst commentary moment among a crack field. Also helped give rise to the "makes you think/ I'm just saying" meme getting more play here, .

Spark

Global Moderator
Warne suggesting spot fixing was easily the worst commentary moment among a crack field. Also helped give rise to the "makes you think/ I'm just saying" meme getting more play here, .
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

interesting