• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Billy Bowden's reaction to critics....

Scallywag

Banned
howardj said:
I think Billy Bowden likes to be liked by the Aussie players. For instance, his hugging of Steve Waugh and posing with him for photographs after his Sydney swansong last year, was the most cringeworthy display from an umpire ever. Subconsciously I think his desire to be liked by the Aussie players has a bearing on his umpiring.
All Kiwis want to be liked by the Aussies, they look up to us like big brothers. :D :D

J.Coney

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
in american gridiron the refs have to make calls and decessions, they're hooked up to a microphone (headphone) type piece. when they make a decsion they have to relay that information to the crowd via the microphone. i thought this would be interesting in cricket after a appreal the umpire has to announce and justify their decession. if they put that system in operation watch how quickly umpires will resort to thhe use of technolgy. something like this "Vettori has lodged an appreal for an lbw my decesion is pending on information from the 3rd umpire"

cbuts

International Debutant
i believe its time to turn to technology. things such as the hayden catch last saturdy, or to see weather a ball pitched online, or weatehr a batsman hit the ball. players are playing for a career these days. im not saying this happened, but imagine if sinclair had got a roughie int he last two games and thats what cost him his spot. imagine the money in bonuses he is losing because of a mistake from an umpire. i dont hink we should use technology like hawk eye. becuase there are too many variables there. only use it for what we can see

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
howardj said:
I think Billy Bowden likes to be liked by the Aussie players. For instance, his hugging of Steve Waugh and posing with him for photographs after his Sydney swansong last year, was the most cringeworthy display from an umpire ever. Subconsciously I think his desire to be liked by the Aussie players has a bearing on his umpiring.
Brilliant assessment ...couldn't agree more. You get the impression he'd be happy to do their laundry

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
J.Coney said:
in american gridiron the refs have to make calls and decessions, they're hooked up to a microphone (headphone) type piece. when they make a decsion they have to relay that information to the crowd via the microphone. i thought this would be interesting in cricket after a appreal the umpire has to announce and justify their decession.
And delay the game even further?

J.Coney

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Coney
in american gridiron the refs have to make calls and decessions, they're hooked up to a microphone (headphone) type piece. when they make a decsion they have to relay that information to the crowd via the microphone. i thought this would be interesting in cricket after a appreal the umpire has to announce and justify their decession.

And delay the game even further?.

it's just around about way of saying technology should be used full stop period. but i tell you what i'll give you that one.

1-nil to marc