• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Big Day For Somerset

Mr. P

International Vice-Captain
nibblet said:
You should perhaps try and figure out your starting line ups for next season. Make two lists, your od line up and your 4d line up. From there you should be able to identify any holes in your squad, and what kind of player you'll be after in the draft.
Yeah thats good thinking, thanks nib.:)

Mr. P

The Somerset 'You're Going To Be Dropped Next Season' Award

Well, Warwickshire have a 'best player one, Somerset are starting a new system

Each week, we award the people who performed the worst points on a 3-2-1 basis. (3 being the worst, 1 being the, erm, best of the worst)

Whoever finishes the year with the most votes gets dropped and traded.:D Also, since some people will be worse then these players but not 'win' becuase they dont play as many games, they get the 'Bench' award. They are put in the draft.

Thoughts?:D

Mr. P

Changes to award

After seeing Nibblets version, ive decided to change my own structure. Its basically nibblets in reverse. (e.g 5-4-3-2-1 x 10 for 4d and x 7 for OD and so on, except for worst player.)

Also the award name has been changed to the 'You're A Pathetic Player And You're Going To Be Dropped Next Season Award' :D

Rich2001

International Captain
Re: The Somerset 'You're Going To Be Dropped Next Season' Award

Mr. Ponting said:
Whoever finishes the year with the most votes gets dropped and traded.:D Also, since some people will be worse then these players but not 'win' becuase they dont play as many games, they get the 'Bench' award. They are put in the draft.

Thoughts?:D
Haha and what makes you think people will want to trade for the "worst" player :lol: - Unless he becomes so famous that he will bring in millions for the club ;)

Mr. P

nibblet said:
Yeah, Lets celebrate losers. What a fantastic idea!!!!!
If you think about it, this is the most genuinly brilliant idea in WCC since, well, ever. :)

Cloete

International Captain
Re: Re: The Somerset 'You're Going To Be Dropped Next Season' Award

Rich2001 said:
Haha and what makes you think people will want to trade for the "worst" player :lol: - Unless he becomes so famous that he will bring in millions for the club ;)
think AA :P:D;)

Umpire Money

State Vice-Captain
someone likes to toot their own horn dont they.

Umm someone else has been doing this for the last well ever...paid does it

Mr. P

Umpire Money said:
someone likes to toot their own horn dont they.

Umm someone else has been doing this for the last well ever...paid does it
Paid has a worst player award? Does he have a different system?

Mr. P

Reminder that M Bulbeck is still up for trade.

Stats

4d bowling sr of 50

od bowling sr of 35

4d batting average of 27

od batting....dont bother! (the rest is pretty good though:) )

Mr. P

Trade No. 9

Another Somerset trade - Bulbeck for Hanna. Pleasing this one was as Hanna takes the place of Mark Butcher. If you are interested in Butcher - good.:)

Mr. P

The following players are so far in my squad for next season:

V Turpin (Rookie)
H Pears (Rookie)
R Warner
C Hanna
P Bowler (wk)
J Anderson
A Stuart
A Caddick
D Hettiachchi
A Dani

The following are up for trade, however i will listen to deals for the above players:

V Solanki
Z Thomas
M Butcher
M Nagamootoo
M Betts
L Payne (wk)

The following player(s) are retiring:

J Adams

Can people please say their thoughts on my squad and what improvements can be made.

Mr. P

MARK BUTCHER

Hello? If anyone wants Mark Butcher, hes here, up for trade, at a good price. I'm not asking for much, just an ok bowler.

Mr. P

Re: MARK BUTCHER

Mr. Ponting said:
Hello? If anyone wants Mark Butcher, hes here, up for trade, at a good price. I'm not asking for much, just an ok bowler.
LOOK! Mark Butcher up for trade. You guys want him?

Here, have him. Hes going cheap my friends. All i want is an OK bowler. An OK bowler. Is that too much to ask?:(