• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Better test bat: Dravid vs Sangakkara

Better Test Bat: Dravid vs Sangakkara

• Total voters

BazBall21

International Regular
Two Asian greats with evenly-matched records and generally regarded as being in the same tier.

Arachnodouche

International Captain
Dravid scripted several technical masterpieces in extremely challenging conditions for SC batsmen in particular. Didn't see Sanga do the like, but Lankan fans might be more knowledgeable. I certainly didn't think of him as an atg genius while he was playing.

Gob

International Coach
Dravid was stupidly good in England tbh. I don't think Sangakkara had a series like that away from SC It was usually the odd great innings. Having said that, Sri Lanka hardly play long series so that's that

I can't personally chose between these two and Kallis so i lump them together below Tendullkar, Lara and Ponting in that order from that era. Smith slides in ahead ahead of Ponting when i consider the best I've seen overall

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Sanga’s legacy is that 624 partnership with Mahela

Dravid’s legacy is that 376 partnership with VVS

Then there’s that Sanga knock of 192 at Hobart that gets my respect

subshakerz

International Coach
Sanga’s legacy is that 624 partnership with Mahela

Dravid’s legacy is that 376 partnership with VVS

Then there’s that Sanga knock of 192 at Hobart that gets my respect
Sanga also scored two tons in a series against Bond in NZ, which is likely better than any Dravid series performance.

Raz0r6ack

U19 12th Man
What Dravid's record in each country was vs. what it ended up being:

Country1996-2008Career EndDifference
in Australia50.441.64-8.76
in Bangladesh70.1670-0.16
in England65.3568.83.45
in India50.6651.350.69
in New Zealand64.5763.83-0.74
in Pakistan78.5778.57-
in South Africa33.629.71-3.89
in Sri Lanka46.5533.1-13.45
in West Indies7065.69-4.31
in Zimbabwe79.1679.16-

Pre 2008 - 59.29 (66 away Tests, 116 total)
Post 2008 - 40.37

subshakerz

International Coach
Dravid was stupidly good in England tbh. I don't think Sangakkara had a series like that away from SC It was usually the odd great innings. Having said that, Sri Lanka hardly play long series so that's that

I can't personally chose between these two and Kallis so i lump them together below Tendullkar, Lara and Ponting in that order from that era. Smith slides in ahead ahead of Ponting when i consider the best I've seen overall
Sanga in NZ 2006 was better. Scored 100 out of 170 in the first test and 156 out of 268 in the second against peak Bond.

Himannv

International Coach
Peak Dravid was absolutely imperial and was probably India’s best batsman overseas. Sanga was mostly below par barring the odd decent knock and has **** technique.