• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Better ODI batsman: Symonds vs Klusener

Better ODI batsman

• Total voters

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
His bowling kept going downhill though. There is that.
I thought his average flatters him massively but the death overs stats show that the gap between him and the rest is even bigger than it appears at first. His average isn't boosted by not outs because the fact that he stayed not out accelerating like that and blasting so many boundaries is incredible. Cbf digging the Statsguru query but his 41-50 over stats are crazily better than the rest.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I thought his average flatters him massively but the death overs stats show that the gap between him and the rest is even bigger than it appears at first. His average isn't boosted by not outs because the fact that he stayed not out accelerating like that and blasting so many boundaries is incredible. Cbf digging the Statsguru query but his 41-50 over stats are crazily better than the rest.
He was definitely a fearsome hitter.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
I know that T20 team names are contrived, but Adelaide chose it for a cricket team (or two - WBBL), so it is definitely a cricket term. Either that or South Australia is famous for industrial action and workers taking time to protest for better pay and conditions.
Cool......can't wait for the next comparison thread then asking which player is the better Renagade or Hurricane.

Jumno

U19 Captain
I'd go for Symonds, very close one as many times like in 99 WC, 2003 first game Vs WI, last game he got them close, the game Vs Ind in home odi series etc.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Symonds overall, because Klusener's purple patch was limited IIRC, but peak batting from goes to Klusener around circa '99.