• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Best XI with no century or 5w haul to their name

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
If this is Misbah-ul-Haq's last ODI, then he'll finish with a pretty decent record without ever scoring a ton.

So, what's the best Test and ODI line up where none of the players has scored a ton and for the bowlers, none of them have taken a 5 wicket haul?

I'll have a play around and see what I come up with, but who would you nominate?

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Imran Khan wac. Managed to just avoid selection in the ODI team by scoring a 102 and taking 1 5-fer.

Athlai

Not Terrible
2015 WC Edition

Dwayne Smith
Chamu Chibhabha
Misbah-ul-Haq
Sohaib Maqsood
Samiullah Shenwari
Sean Williams
Niall O'Brien (+)
Darren Sammy
Rangana Herath
Mohammad Shami
Mohammad Irfan

12th man
Elton Chigumbura

13th man Ravichandran Ashwin

Would beat England IMO.

Athlai

Not Terrible
If I was actually picking a team I'd put Chiggy in for Chibby though. Chibby is the only total shunt in that team in my eyes. The rest range from gun to a bit ****.

HeathDavisSpeed

You can't reasonably select current players as they've still got an opportunity to pick up a ton or 5 wicket haul.

Definitely more interesting to look at those whose careers are now over. At least IMO.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
You can't reasonably select current players as they've still got an opportunity to pick up a ton or 5 wicket haul.

Definitely more interesting to look at those whose careers are now over. At least IMO.
Excellent point. That will learn you for being a clever clogs Athlai.

Athlai

Not Terrible

Dwayne Smith - won't
Chamu Chibhabha - won't
Misbah-ul-Haq - won't
Sohaib Maqsood - will
Samiullah Shenwari - will
Sean Williams - might not
Niall O'Brien (+) - won't
Darren Sammy - won't
Rangana Herath - won't
Mohammad Shami - will
Mohammad Irfan - might break down

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
ODI XI

1. Peter Kirsten
2. Andrew Jones
3. Ian Chappell
4. Kallicharan
5. Graham Thorpe
6. Adrian Kuiper
7. Moin Khan/Dujon/Healy+
8. Malcolm Marshall
9. Rangana Herath
10. Fanie deVilliers
11. Bob Willis

Assuming Herath is done

HeathDavisSpeed

Quick thoughts.

Tests

1. Bruce Laird/Brian Bolus
2. Chetan Chauhan
3. Asim Kamal
4. Mike Brearley (*)
5. Michael Bevan
6. Barry Shepherd
7. Bob Taylor
8. Winston Benjamin (RF)
9. Bob Blair (RFM)/Dayle Hadlee (RMF)
10. Jack Alabaster (LBG)
11. Wayne Clark (RFM)/Mike Hendrick (RFM)

Chamara Kapugedera could bat 6, not retired.
Ata-Ur-Rehman (RFM)
Ernie McCormick (RF) could be useful
Kyle Mills (RFM) of course. Would provide better batting at #8.

Last edited: