• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

best team in world cricket right now

the best

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

S.Kennedy

International Vice-Captain
You cannot fault Stokes and Bairstow (and Ali when he was at 7) as these are the guys who are constantly repairing everything after the opening lot has made a dog's dinner of the innings. When was the last time the two ginger northerners came to the crease without a massive disaster? Probably it has affected their averages because they cannot play their natural game. I know Stokes has had to learn how to defend. Wonder why?

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
amla up to open then or lil quint? balancing act for the them in the future but i'm stoked for faf
Makes sense. In fact I was thinking further than that about the prospect of de Kock & Amla opening, allowing the middle order of; Duminy, Faf, AB, Bavuma and the quotas still to be met, but that might be a bit much to ask of your keeper. He's good enough though IMO.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
For the last major Test side that a touring India have beaten you have to go back to 2007 (England v), unless you include the Kiwis (08/09). Fact. The Australians, English, South Africans and (to a lesser degree) Pakistanis have all had significant away scalps claimed from one-and-another. India have been completely absent from this party. Thumping Bangladesh and the West Indians now and then does not qualify.

I'm not disputing the fortress India thing is highly impressive though.

When and where?

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I would surely get Amla to open with Faf at 3 and AB at 4 with JP at 5 and Bavuma at 6 and QDK at 7. That is a serious line up.

Zinzan

Drawing in England 2-2, this summer.

To put that in perspective, India have been beaten 3-1 (2014) and 4-0 (2011), the last two times in England.
Yeah, to balance that NZ managed 1-1 away draws with England & Pakistan away in the last 3 years and nobody gives them credit for those, because they weren't series wins.

Stick to series wins, not draws.

S.Kennedy

International Vice-Captain
Yeah, to balance that NZ managed 1-1 away draws with England & Pakistan away in the last 3 years and nobody gives them credit for those, because they weren't series wins.

You do not see the difference between a two test series and a four test series?

OverratedSanity

Huh? Of course they get credit.

OverratedSanity

In the conversation about the very best sides going around.
They were definitely getting credit for it back in early 2015 when people were discussing how good NZ were and those two series were a big part in people rating them highly.

Zinzan

Well I'm neither honest nor respectable but I still agree that India are No 1 right now
Haha, I'll rephrase, only Furball would still be getting defensive about the idea that India, followed by SA look the 2 best Test sides going around currently.

Zinzan

You're at peak passive aggressiveness
How do you figure that? Nothing passive about it, it's actually being very matter of fact. Furball has been arguing against the notion that India and SA look the two best sides of late.

Be a bit like me claiming you're at your peak righteousness.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
How do you figure that? Nothing passive about it, it's actually being very matter of fact. Furball has been arguing against the notion that India and SA look the two best sides of late.

Be a bit like me claiming you're at your peak righteousness.
There is nothing clear cut about the top teams atm though. You may think it's India and SA and I may agree with India (though I'm not convinced SA are a lock)........but that doesn't make us right and Furball wrong. It's so close between 4 or 5 teams that you can lodge perfectly valid arguments for any of them.