• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Best peice of batting from a individual in the last year.

Cameron-Moss

U19 12th Man
It was deliberate from that thread onwards, but that the idea (and hence the thread) came about by accident, as a result of discussion in another thread.

BTW, you'd have done better to quote my sig than that post to say that. :p
Lol, finally I know why he's call it a accident, BTW how'd you quote sigs?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Highlight the sig, press copy, go to "post reply", press the quote button in the prompt, and paste.

pasag

RTDAS
Some great ones mentioned, particularly Lara's double agianst Pakistan. KP's neutering of Warne in the first innings at Adelaide was quite excellent as was Chanderpaul's recent exploits in getting the WI so close in the second innings of the third Test. However from an Australian perspective it'd have to be Ponting's first innings of 196 in the recent Ashes in Brisbane which really set the tone for the whole series. Was so good.

Last edited:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
KP's neutering of Warne in the first innings at Adelaide was quite excellent
I honestly think his 142 against Lanka at Edgbaston was better, and certainly turned-out more pivotal. His was the only significant score by an England batsman in the series, and the only time anyone looked really convincing on what was actually a very tricky pitch.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Was amazing IMO, but short match highlights would struggle to do it justice. You'd need at least 3-hour-summaries of each day to realise just how he stood-out from the crowd.

pasag

RTDAS
I honestly think his 142 against Lanka at Edgbaston was better, and certainly turned-out more pivotal. His was the only significant score by an England batsman in the series, and the only time anyone looked really convincing on what was actually a very tricky pitch.
Never saw it, didn't have Foxtel back then unfortunately, only got it in time for the Pakistan series.

pskov

International 12th Man
AB de Villiers in the World Cup against the Windies was a very good knock, especially when you consider he was in the last chance saloon re: his place in the team and also the injury he picked up near the end of the innings. He was clubbing huge sixes whilst almost literally playing on one leg, it was truly extraordinary.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Pontings 2 knocks in the first 2 Ashes tests went a long way to setting the tone for the series.

iamdavid

International Debutant
Agreed, that innings really was a cut above.

Otherwise I think the efforts of Chanderpaul and Sangakkarra just about top the class for the last 12 months.

Honourable mentions to Pieterson and Ponting during the ashes, Collingwood during the VB series, Damien Martyn during the Champions Trophy (was amazed how quickly everyone seemed to forget this tournament ever happened, with the build-up to the Ashes and all lol) and Hayden during the WC.

open365

International Vice-Captain
Collingwood's 121*

Not saying it was better than Gilchrist's world cup knock or mattered more, but i just love the way someone as unspectacular as Collingwood can produce innings of such brilliance like that,

Mahindinho

State Vice-Captain
I'm with Richard on the ODIs -- Gilchrist's innings in the WC final, followed by Jayasuriya's absolute tonking on England in Headingley. I listened to the first on TMS while playing cards in the back of a battered old Land Rover, but managed to be there in the crowd for the latter.

As far as Tests go, I didn't see much of Sanga's knocks against NZ. Big Shiv's knocks against England were immense in context, and (as Richard said), KP was the difference against SL at Edgbaston -- if not for that knock, Murali might have been able to conjure up a series win. My vote, however, goes to Collingwood's Ashes double-ton -- not one for the purists, but it was a great bit of batting nonetheless.

If this thread were just a fortnight earlier, Jayawardene and Sangakkara's record partnership against SA would have come into play :(

DaViet

Cricket Spectator
My 32 from 22 top score from number 9 will not be forgotten, name an Asian (I'm talking bout yellowies not brownies) who can do that :P

Seriously though, there's been some killer performances, quick sum up: KP, M. Yousef, Jayawardene, Jayasuriya & Ponting for me did fantastic work with the bat. KP is England's best